The Huffington Center on Aging is committed to translating basic and clinical research discoveries, made in the laboratory, into treatment applications that will benefit those individuals who suffer from diseases and conditions that affect the elderly.
Current research projects include:
- Retarding the aging process
- Hormone replacement
- Minimizing frailty in older people
- Delayed aging of the endocrine system
- Prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson's disease, and cancer
- Maintaining and improving cardiovascular health
- Ethical and health care utilization issues including personal values, decision making, quality of care, and use of life sustaining technologies
- Long-term care
- Cell division in old age and methods for reversing this process
HCOA faculty and associates are involved in research activities with other Baylor entities and departments conducting affiliated research. Call the office of Dr. Hui Zheng, center director, at 713-798-1568.