Core C: Functional Genomics and Microbiome
James Versalovic, M.D. Ph.D., Director
Lisa White, Ph.D., Co-Director
The Functional Genomics and Microbiome Core seeks to stimulate research in infection and injury states affecting the intestine and liver. Responsibilities of this Core include:
1. Provides training in the conduct of various molecular protocols and in cell culture techniques relevant to GI research,
2. Provides consultation in the choice of methodology to be applied to research problems being addressed by the Digestive Disease Center (DDC) members,
3. Conducts periodic workshops for the DDC members to provide information about new technologies acquired by the core and to obtain feedback on needed technologies,
4. Makes available its specialized reagents, equipment and laboratory facilities to GI researchers, and;
5. Provides services, both routine and specialized, that may facilitate the quantity and quality of research carried out by the DDC members.
Please credit the "NIH/National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, Center Grant P30 DK56338" in publications resulting from core usage or pilot funds.