Core A: Administrative Core
K. Estes, Ph.D., Director
Hashem El-Serag, M.D., M.P.H., Co-Director
Terri Bosshard, Administrator
Dede Fox, Secretary
The Administrative Core is responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Digestive Disease Center, by providing governance, financial and operational management, and planning functions for the Texas Medical Center DDC. Responsibilities include:
Execution of policies and procedures that govern the DDC;
2. Management of financial and personnel resources of the DDC;
3. Coordination of activities of standing DDC advisory committees;
4. Oversight of infrastructure and scientific cores supportive of basic and clinical GI research;
5. Organization and implementation of program development activities that benefit GI research;
6. Facilitation of communication and information dissemination among GI researchers, institutional officials, and external groups;
7. Coordination of enrichment activities that support GI-related research and educational programs of the institution;
8. Management of the annual strategic planning process for the DDC and GI-related research programs in Southeast Texas; and
9. Maintenance of records and preparation of reports, including any DDC-related grant applications.
Please credit the "NIH/National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease, Center Grant P30 DK56338" in publications resulting from core usage or pilot funds.