Gene Vector Core
Delivering genes of interest into specific target cells is an important technology for studying the functions of genes. The core is specialized in viral vector production for gene transfer in cell culture as well as in animals.
We are currently producing:
- First-generation adenovirus (FGAd)
- Helper-dependent adenoviral vector (HDAd)
- Adeno-associated viral vector (AAV, serotype 1, 2, 5, 6 and 8)
- VSVG-pseudotyped lentiviral vector (LV) with second-generation or third-generation packaging systems
- Ecotropic retrovirus (RV)
Viral vectors are produced and purified by basic protocols. Infectious titer of viral vectors is subject to an additional charge. Cloning assistance is provided in rare circumstances. The core has various expression cassettes and basic shuttle vectors for expression of your genes including shRNA. There is no additional charge for packaging plasmids and helper virus.
- Faxable Order Form (fax to: Viral Vector Production Core Lab 713-798-8764) and bring your samples with
- Submission Form
|FGAd Transfection, Amplification, Purification||24 X 15 -cm dish||$2,198|
|FGAd Amplification, Purification||24 X 15 -cm dish||$1,300|
|FGAd Plaque Purification and expansion||1 vector||$620|
|HDAd Transfection, Amplification, Purification||2 liter suspension||$3,203|
|HDAd Amplification, Purification||2 liter suspension||$1,638|
|AAV Transfection, Purification, Titration of Vector Genome||20 X 15-cm Dish||$1,655|
|LV or RV Transfection, Purification||2 X 15-cm Dish||$667|
|Infectious Titer of AAV or Ad Vector||n/a||$451|
|Infectious Titer of LV or RV||n/a||$492|
|Plasmid Rescue and Maxi Prep||n/a||$440|
Note: Special discounts are available for DRC investigators.