A Mathworks MATLAB Campus-Wide Licensing
CIBR Center has obtained a BCM-wide license for MATLAB, Simulink and 27 toolboxes for all BCM faculty, academic staff, postdocs and graduate students.
The MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink products are computational software environments for use in engineering, mathematics, statistics, science and finance.
This new license agreement replaces all eligible licenses that BCM has with The MathWorks.
(All existing active licenses with current Software Maintenance Services were suspended and placed in storage Should BCM decide not to renew the Total Academic Headcount (TAH) agreement, the stored licenses in the most recent version can be restored from storage after paying a one year maintenance fee.)
BCM users may continue to use existing MATLAB licenses if they wish, however, upgrades to the latest version of MATLAB require the BCM system-wide license.
There are five major steps to follow to use this license.
There are five major steps to follow to use the TAH license.
- Download MATLAB products (MATLAB 2013b). The website is restricted to BCM faculty and staff. Additionally you can get the Installation and Activation Keys by following this link
- Accept the license agreement
- Install the products.
- Create a MathWorks account, if you do not have one associated with an @bcm.edu email already.
- Activate MATLAB software
Optional Toolboxes included in BCM TAH Agreement:
1. Symbolic Math Toolbox
2. Bioinformatics Toolbox
3. Control System Toolbox
4. Curve Fitting Toolbox
5. Data Acquisition Toolbox
6. DSP System Toolbox
7. Image Processing Toolbox
8. Instrument Control Toolbox
9. Optimization Toolbox
10. Signal Processing Tooblox
13. Statistics Toolbox
15. Computer Vision System Toolbox
16. Database Toolbox
17. Fuzzy Logic Toolbox
18. Global Optimization Toolbox
19. Image Acquisition Toolbox
20. MATLAB Builder NE (for Microsoft .NET framework)
21. MATLAB Compiler
22. MATLAB Report Generator
23. Neural Network Toolbox
24. Parallel Computing Toolbox
25. Partial Differential Equation Toolbox
26. System Identification Toolbox
27. Wavelet Toolbox