2000 Media Interviews
Dennis M. Bier, M.D.
- "Commercially Prepared Transition Foods for Babies."
By Tara Pope, The Wall Street Journal.
- "Vegetarian Teens." By Marni Jamison, The Los Angeles
- "Herbal Supplements and Kids." By Paula Kurtzweiler,
Federal Trade Commission magazine.
- "Cardiovascular Disease Begins in Childhood." By
Jeanie Davis, WebMD.
- "Childhood Obesity." By Richard Saltus, Boston Globe.
- "Infant Formulas." By Marti Mountford, International
- "Teach Your Children Healthy Eating Habits." By Better
Homes and Gardens
- "Promotions for Kids' Dietary Supplements Leave Sour Taste."
By FTC Consumer.
- "Fat in Children's Diets." By Kara Corridan, Child
- "Vegetarian Kids." By Harriet Bannovic, Time magazine.
- "The New Growth Charts." By Colleen Piera, Child
Karen Cullen, Dr. P.H., R.D., L.D.
- "Picky Eaters." By Christi Myers, KTRK-TV channel
- "Healthy Breakfasts on the Go." By Linda Heinrich,
Fox-TV channel 26, Houston.
- "Family Dinner Time." By Jacqueline Stenson, MSNBC.com.
- "TV, Dinner and Overweight Kids." By Alicia Blalock,
Debby K. Demory-Luce, PhD., R.D., L.D.
- "Can Fast Food Be Healthy?" By Carol Sorgen, cbshealthwatch.medscape.com.
- "Why Whole Milk for 1- to 2-year-old Children." By
Kerry Hillard, Baby Talk magazine.
- "The USDA's School Breakfast Program." By Nicole
Wycislo, Wholly Guacamole.
- "The USDA's School Breakfast Program." By Natalia
Martinez, D.C. Daily.
- "Vegetarian Diets for Teens." By Susan Hayes, Scholastic
- "Halloween Tips for Children Aged 3-5 and 6-8." By
Kim Wallace, babycenter.com.
- "Breakfast Tips." By Gay Frankenfeld, WebMD.
- "Vegetarian Diets for Children." By Suzy Kazenchek,
- "The Allergy-free Child." By Wyatt Myers, Prevention
Kathleen J. Motil, M.D., Ph.D.
- "Gene Therapy and IRB Oversight." By National Public
Radio News, Washington, D.C.
- "Herbal Use in Children." By Arthritis Today.
- "Advocacy for Rett Syndrome." By Redbook.
- "Institutional Review Boards." By Houston Chronicle.
- "Soy Formula Use in Infants." By Nutrinews.com.
- "Herbal Use in Children." By San Jose Mercury News.
- "Power Bars and Children." By Working Mother.
Theresa A. Nicklas, Dr. P.H.,
- "Fruit and Vegetable Capsules." By KHOU-TV, Channel
- "Added Sweeteners in Children's Diets." By Healthscout.com.
- "Childhood Interventions for the Prevention of Cardiovascular
Disease." By WebMD.
- "Low Fat/High Fiber Diets for Kids." By Total Nutrition
- "Pay Attention to Nutrition When Choosing Child Day Care."
- "Consider Nutrition When Choosing Daycare." By WebMD.
- "Childhood Obesity." By Better Homes and Gardens
- "Fortified Foods for Kids." By Child magazine.
- "Carbonated Beverages and Kids' Health." By CBSHealthWatch.com.
- The Relationship Between Intake of Sugars and Obesity."
By Chicago Tribune.
- "U.S. Dietary Guidelines Put New Emphasis on Exercise."
- "Dietary Supplements and Children." By The Seattle
- "Nutrition and Day Care." By babycenter.com.
- "Kids and Herbal Supplements." By North County Times.
- "How to Set Your Baby on a Heart-healthy Course."
- "Kids and Breakfast." By Texas State Radio Network.
- "Nutrition Rules That Even Smart Moms Don't Know."
By Family Life magazine.
- "Kids' Behavior: Only as Good as Their Breakfast."
- "Childhood Obesity: Growing Problem in U.S." By Reuters.
Richard J. Schanler, M.D.
- "Can Nutrition Make Kids Smarter?" By KRIV-TV 26,
Robert J. Shulman, M.D.
- "Cisapride." By Houston Chronicle.
- "Early Feeding of Preterm Infants." By USDA Radio.
- "Dehydration in Children." By Channel 2 TV, Houston.
William W. Wong, Ph.D.
- "The Effect on Serum Lipids and Oxidized Low-density Lipoprotein
of Supplementing Self-selected Low-fat Diets with Soluble Fiber,
Soy, and Vegetable Protein Foods." By Jeanie Davis, WebMD.
- "The Health Benefits of Soy Protein and Soy Isoflavones."
By David Sharp, Consumer Report on Health.
- Possible Healthy Benefits of Soy in Postmenopausal Women."
By Molly Gee, KTRK-TV channel 13.