Resources - U.S. Universities
- School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Nutrition Navigator -- A rating guide to nutrition information on the Web
- USDA/ARS Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University
- Health & Nutrition Newsletter -Sample issue and ordering information
- Center for Human Nutrition at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
-- This outstanding nutrition department's website is a virtual nutrition library that features the latest nutrition news, journal articles, websites around the globe, newsletters, guidelines, releases and other features.
- Institute of Human Nutrition
- Go Ask Alice
- Health and nutrition Q&As from Columbia's Health Education Program
Nutrition Information from University-based USDA/ARS-CSREES Cooperative Extension Services
- University of Alaska Cooperative Extension -- List of publications on a variety of food and nutrition topcs. Many available on-line in Acrobat format.
- University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Articles on food preservation, including canning, drying and freezing fruits and vegetables.
- University of California at Davis Cooperative Extension Online catalog of education products, including a training kit for health professionals on childhood obesity. Most resources are for ordering, not downloading
- Colorado State Cooperative Extension Food Publications This Cooperative Extension department has a large list of on-line publications, in areas of food safety, health and guidelines, and food preparation and preservation. Many are in PDF format.
- University of Delaware Moderate set of nutrition, food safety and preparation resources in plain text format.
- University of Florida Cooperative Extension Academic program information, links. Otherwise most resources are for ordering, not downloading.
- University of Georgia Cooperative Extension The site is nicely laid out, and has newsletter, links and about two dozen food science and nutrition publications (in plain text listed by subject and title.)
- University of Idaho Extension Limited collection of articles on food and nutrition.
- University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Extension Good range of nutrtion resources. The documents are in Acrobat (.pdf) format, which makes them a good resource to print off, for example a nice dietary pyramid. The main university agriculture departmet site also features a nutrition analysis tool, energy calculator and a soy foods finder.
- Kansas State: Extension Foods and Nutrition One of the most extensive university-based web sites and also features a list of other university Extension Departments' resources. Its own site features newsletter F&N Digest, extensive list of on-line nutrition pamphlets (in Acrobat format), links to more than 350 general nutrition web sites, cupboard and fridge storage charts, and ingredient substitution information.
- University of Kentucky Links, Extension Today newsletter.
- Michigan State Extension offers a searchable Michigan State Univ. Extension Food & Nutrition Bulletin.
- University of Minnesota Extension Nutrition Notes. The University of Minnesota also offers
a nutrient content database for approximately 6,000 foods, a calorie calculator.
- University of Missouri,Columbia Extension
Excellent collection of extension material includes:
- University of Nebraska Extension Publications In addition to a fairly extensive collection of food and nutrition articles, this site features the email newsletter Food Reflections, which provides "a short "how-to" message on food, nutrition, or food safety for health professionals, educators, and consumers."
- Ohio State University Extension Service: Ohioline Lots of facts heets in the areas of food, food safety, healthy eating.
- Oregon State Extension Service Features materials for educators working with low income and low literacy groups and a web-based learning program on nutrition and food budgeting.
- Purdue University Cooperative Extension Wide range of food safety materials as well as around 30 general family nutrition pamphlets. The publications available on these topics are in Acrobat format.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension - Collection of plain text articles on a variety of food and nutrition topics.
- Washington State University Extension Features Eat Better, Eat Together Tool Kit -- Ideas for Promoting Positive Family Meals
Links to other web sites are considered an extended service but are not controlled or endorsed by the CNRC or Baylor College of Medicine.