Rammurti T. Kamble, M.D.
Department of Medicine
Section of Hematology-Oncology
Baylor College of Medicine
- M.B.B.S. Govt. Medical College (GMC), Ravi Shankar University, Raipur M.P. India
- Internal Medicine residency, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, India
- Fellowship Medical Oncology/Hematology, All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, India
- Internal Medicine, Methodist Hospital Central, Memphis, TN
- Fellowship Oncology-Hematology, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center, OK
- Fellowship Oncology-Hematology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS), Little Rock AR, USA.
Dr. Kamble is Assistant Professor of Medicine in Hematology-Oncology, Cell and Gene Therapy, Baylor College of Medicine and Methodist Hospital, Houston, TX. He graduated from Ravi Shankar University, India in 1986 with a gold medal. He obtained postgraduate residency training from prestigious Postgraduate Institute of Medical Science and Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, India and his fellowship training in Hematology-Oncology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. He was junior faculty in the AIIMS before joining MAMC, New Delhi University as Assistant Professor of Medicine. Between 1997 and 2001, he completed his residency and fellowship training in Internal Medicine and Hematology-Oncology from University of Tennessee and University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences respectively. He has served as Assistant Professor of Medicine and Associate director of Hematology-Oncology fellowship program at Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center (OUHSC). Dr. Kamble is primarily interested in hematologic malignancies including multiple myeloma and hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. He was conferred Union against cancer (ICRETT, Geneva) award in 1994 to study molecular aspect of chronic myelogenous leukemia and bone marrow transplant in Hammersmith hospital, London and Central Science and Industrial Research (CSIR) award in 1995 to study stem cell transplantation in Cornell University, New York. Dr. Kamble is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. He has published extensively in prestigious journals including, Blood, Biology of Bone marrow transplantation and Journal of Clinical Oncology and regularly reviews manuscripts for Blood, Biology of bone marrow transplantation and Bone marrow transplant. Dr. Kamble's clinical interests are in innovative reduced conditioning protocols, in vivo T-cell depletion and novel approaches to reduce and treat graft-versus-host disease.
- Kamble R, Raju GM, Kumar L, Kochupillai V.Blood stem cell transplantation: current concepts. Indian J Med Res. 1997 Jan; 105:1-8.
- R. Kamble MD, S. Sethi MD, GB Selby, MD. Failure to engraft after autologus stem cell transplantation: Possible therapeutic role of cyclosporine. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation. 2005; 11:74.
- R Kamble, S Pant, GB. Selby, MA. Kharfan-Dabaja, S Sethi, S Lind, K Kratochvil, N Kohrt and H Ozer. Microbial Contamination of Hematopoietic Stem Cells Grafts: Incidence, Clinical Outcome and Cost-effectiveness: An analysis of 735 Grafts. Transfusion 2005; 45: 874-8.
- R. Kamble, A. Fassas, Carla Wilson, K.R. Desikan, D. Siegel, Paula Anderson, E.Anaissie and B.Barlogie. Malignant pleural effusion of Multiple Myeloma. Lymphoma Leukemia 2005; 46: 1137-1142.
- R. Kamble, GB Selby, M. Mims, MA Kharfan-Dabaja, H. Ozer and JN George.Iron overload manifesting as apparent exacerbation of hepatic graft-versus-host disease following allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation2006; 12: 506-510.
- Rammurti T. Kamble, Erick Hjortsvang and George B.Selby. Leukemia Burden and Outcome of Allogeneic Transplant in Acute Myelogenous Leukemia.Biology of blood and marrow transplantation. 2006; 12:691-2.
- Rammurti T. Kamble, Erick Hjortsvang and George B.Selby. Leukemia Burden and Outcome of Allogeneic Transplant in Acute Myelogenous Leukemia. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation. 2006;6:691-692.
- R. Kamble, MD and M. Mims, MD, PhD. Iron-overload in long-term survivors of hematopoietic transplant. Bone marrow transplant. 2006; 37: 805-6.
- R. Kamble, M. Oholendt, G. Carrum. Rituximab responsive acute graft-versus-host disease. Biolol of Bone marrow and Blood Transplant. 2006; 11:1201-120.
- T. Vu, G. Carrum, G. Hutton, H. E Heslop, M.K Brenner and R. Kamble. Human Herpesvirus-6 Encephalitis following Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Bone marrow transplant. 2007; 39:705-9.
- RT Kamble, DA Clark, HN Leong, HE Heslop, MK Brenner and G. Carrum. Transmission of integrated Human Herpesvirus-6 in Allogeneic Hematopoietic Transplantation. Bone marrow ransplant. 2007 Sep;40(6):563-6