Adrian Gee, MI Biol, Ph.D.
Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics
Section of Hematology-Oncology
Baylor College of Medicine
Clinical Applications Lab
- MI Biol., University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
- Ph.D., University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland
Dr. Gee's research interests include cellular therapy, stem cell transplantation, and regulatory issues and quality assurance.
- Gee AP, Boyle MDP, Borsos T. Distinction between C8 and C8/C9-mediated hemolysis on the basis of independent Rb and hemoglobin release. J Immunol. 124:1905-1910, 1980.
- Gee AP, Langone JJ. Immunoassay using Iodine125 or enzyme-labeled Protein A and antigen-coated tubes. Anal Biochem. 116:524-530, 1981.
- Gee AP, Bruce KM, Van Hilten J, Siden EJ, Braylan RC, Bauer PC, Boyle MDP. Selective loss of expression of a tumor-associated antigen on a human leukemia cell line induced by treatment with monoclonal antibody and complement. J Nat Cancer Inst. 78: 25-29, 1987.
- Gee AP, Lee C, Sleasman JW, Madden M, Ugelstad J, Barrett DJ. T Lymphocyte depletion of human peripheral blood and bone marrow using monoclonal antibodies and magnetic microspheres. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 2:155-163, 1987.
- Gee AP, Mansour VH, Weiler MB. Effects of target antigen density on the efficacy of immunomagnetic cell separation. J Immunol Methods. 142, 127, 1991.
- Gee AP. Tumor cell purging and positive selection of hematopoietic stem cells. J Clinical Apheresis. 73:135-137, 1992.
- Gee AP. Immunologically-based Methods for the Elimination of Tumor Cells from Autologous Bone Marrow Grafts. Immuno Methods. 5:232-242, 1994.
- Ye Z, Gee AP, Bowers WE, Lamb LS, Turner MW, Henslee-Downey PJ. In vitro expansion and characterization of dendritic cells derived from human bone marrow CD34+ cells. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 18:997-1008, 1996.
- Henslee-Downey PJ, Abhyankar MD, Parrish R, Pati AR, Godder KT, Neglia WJ, Goon-Johnson KS, Geier SS, Lee CG, Gee AP. Use of Partially Mismatched Related Donors Extends Access to Allogeneic Marrow Transplant. Blood. 89(10)pp3864-3872, 1997.
- Lamb LS Jr, Abhyankar SA, Hazlett L, O'Neal W, Folk RS, Vogt S, Parrish RS, Bridges K, Henslee-Downey PJ, and Gee Adrian P. (OX-40) on T Cells During the First 100 Days Following Allogeneic Bone Marrow Transplantation as a Marker for Lymphocyte Activation and Therapy-Resistant Graft-Versus-Host Disease, Cytometry (Communications in Clinical Cytometry) 380:238-243 (1999).
- Gee AP. Regulatory issues in cellular therapies. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 2002;Suppl 38:104-12.
- Gee AP. Mesenchymal stem-cell therapy in a regulated environment. Cytotherapy. 2001;3(5):397-8.
- Salvoldo B, Huls Helen M, Zhensheng Liu, Hans-Dieter Volk, Reinke Petra, Sabat Robert, Babel Nina, Jones James F, Webster-Cyriaque Jennifer, Gee AP, Brenner Malcolm, Heslop Helen, Rooney Cliona. Adoptive immunotherapy for Chronic Active EBV-infection. Blood. 2002.
- Gee AP. The impact of regulatory policy on the development of somatic cell therapies in the United States. Transplant Immunology. In Press 2002.
- Gee AP, Durett AG. Cell Sorting for therapeutic applications-points to consider. Cytotherapy. 2002;4(1):91-2.
- Gee AP, Lamb LS: Enumeration of CD34-Positive Hematopoietic Progenitor Cells in Immunophenotyping, eds. Stewart C and Nicholson J; Wiley-Liss, Inc., 2000.
- Gee AP. The impact of Good Tissue Practices and current Good Manufacturing Practices on HSC transplantation and gene therapy. Clinical Bone Marrow and Blood Stem Cell Transplantation, 3rd Edition. In Press 2002.