George Carrum, M.D.
Department of Medicine
Section of Hematology-Oncology
Baylor College of Medicine
Director - Adult Outpatient Clinic
The Methodist Hospital
- M.D., Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Hematology Fellow, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Dr. Carrum's current clinical interests include high dose chemotherapy and stem cell rescue for multiple myeloma, amyloidosis, lymphoma and leukemia. He is interested in post-transplant immunotherapy for multiple myeloma and sybmyeloablative regimens with allogenic stem cell rescue for patients with malignant diseases.
- Nasta SD, Carrum GM, Shahab I, Hanania NA, Udden MM. Regression of a plasmablastic lymphoma in a patient with HIV on highly active antiretroviral therapy. Leuk Lymphoma. 2002 Feb;43(2):423-6.
- Hsu B, May R, Carrum G, Krance R, Przepiorka D. Use of antithymocyte globulin for treatment of steroid-refractory acute graft-versus-host disease: an international practice survey. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2001 Nov;28(10):945-50.
- Heslop H, Rooney C, Brenner M, Krance R, Carrum G, Gahn B, Bollard C, Khan S, Gee A, Popat U, Gresik M, Przepiorka D, Kuehnle I, Grilley B. Administration of neomycin resistance gene-marked EBV-specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes as therapy for patients receiving a bone marrow transplant for relapsed EBV-positive Hodgkin disease. Hum Gene Ther. 2000 Jul 1;11(10):1465-75.
- Roskrow MA, Rooney CM, Heslop HE, Brenner MK, Krance RA, Gresik MV, McClain K, Aguilar LK, Grilley B, Rob E, Carrum G. Administration of neomycin resistance gene marked EBV specific cytotoxic T-lymphocytes to patients with relapsed EBV-positive Hodgkin disease. Hum Gene Ther. 1998 May 20;9(8):1237-50.
- Yavorkovsky LL, Carrum G, Bruce S, McCarthy PL Jr. Cutaneous sarcoidosis in a patient with Philadelphia-positive chronic myelogenous leukemia treated with interferon-alpha. Am J Hematol. 1998 May;58(1):80-1.
- al-Awami Y, Sears DA, Carrum G, Udden MM, Alter BP, Conlon CL. Pure red cell aplasia associated with hepatitis C infection. Am J Med Sci. 1997 Aug;314(2):113-7.
- Tongol J, Carrum G. Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in a patient with mantle cell lymphoma. Proc Annu Meet Am Soc Clin Oncol. 14:a11,1995.
- Carrum G, Moore DF, Hagemeister FB, Crow MK, Cabanillas F. Clinical features and outcome for patients 60 years and older with Hodgkin's disease. Proc Annu Meet Am Soc Clin Oncol. 13:A1324,1994.
- Abernethy DR, Egan JM, Dickinson TH, Carrum G. Substrate-selective inhibition by verapamil and diltiazem: differential disposition of antipyrine and theophylline in humans. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1988 Mar;244(3):994-9.
- Carrum G, Abernethy DR, Sadhukhan M, Wright CE 3rd. Minoxidil analysis in human plasma using high-performance liquid chromatography with electrochemical detection. Application to pharmacokinetic studies. J Chromatogr. 1986 Aug 22;381(1):127-35.
- Carrum G, Egan JM, Abernethy DR. Diltiazem treatment impairs hepatic drug oxidation: studies of antipyrine. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1986 Aug;40(2):140-3.