Cardiovascular Research Institute Pilot Awards
The Cardiovascular Research Institute at Baylor College of Medicine is pleased to announce pilot awards for proposals in cardiovascular research that will promote collaboration between multiple investigators and are likely to lead to externally funded grants in the foreseeable future.
- Internal Deadline: Thursday, Aug. 28, 6 p.m.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the CVRI Executive Committee.
- Funding to selected proposals is anticipated to be available mid-September 2014 – June 30, 2015.
- The expectation is that before the end of calendar year 2015, the co-PIs will submit a grant proposal for external funding (NIH preferred).
Amount of Funding
- Four awards of $25,000 will be made in unrestricted funds
- To promote the writing of multi-PI grants in the area of cardiovascular research (clinical, translational or basic).
All Baylor faculty members who are members of the CVRI. Membership in the CVRI is free. Please visit the center center membership webpage for more information
The initiative should utilize a multiple-PI approach, including two or more PIs, with primary appointments in at least two different Baylor departments.