Due to budgetary restrictions, pilot awards will not be awarded this year, unfortunately. We sincerely thank the 14 outstanding applications that were received this year. See the 2014 - 2015 winners.
- Internal Deadline: Monday, July 6, 2015, 6 p.m.
- Applications will be reviewed by members of the CVRI Executive Committee.
- Funding to selected proposals is anticipated to be available mid-September 2015 – June 30, 2016.
- The expectation is that before the end of calendar year 2016, the co-PIs will submit a grant proposal for external funding (NIH preferred).
Amount of Funding
- Four awards of $25,000 will be made in unrestricted funds
- To promote the writing of multi-PI grants in the area of cardiovascular research (clinical, translational or basic).
All Baylor faculty members who are members of the CVRI. Membership in the CVRI is free. Please visit the center membership webpage for more information.
The initiative should utilize a multiple-PI approach, including two or more PIs, with primary appointments in at least two different Baylor departments.