11th Annual Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center Symposium
Download the current symposium agenda.
General Information: The Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center is pleased to announce the 11th Annual DLDCC Symposium. This symposium provides a forum for basic and clinical researchers to share their work with colleagues within the Texas Medical Center.
Requirements for Abstracts: All abstracts must meet the following criteria:
- Focus must be cancer relevant and performed at the member institutions of the Duncan Cancer Center: Baylor College of Medicine, Harris Health System, Michael DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, or Texas Children’s Hospital
- Authors must be associated with one of the above listed DLDCC affiliates
- Entries must be submitted electronically (formatting example provided).
Posters: Posters should be displayed on a 4’ x 4’ display board. Poster set-up is scheduled 3:30 to 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 11 and 6:30 to 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 12. Display of posters will be held in the Rayzor Lounge. Each participant will be assigned a number and location to display their poster. Poster presenters will be randomly assigned to either Group 1 or Group 2, in order to be able to both present and circulate during the event. Poster presenters are encouraged to either be present, or have a representative present, to discuss the poster with attendees.
Deadline for Abstract Submission: Oct. 14
- Abstracts and Posters: All abstract submissions should be accompanied by a poster at the symposium.
- Being Present Throughout: We understand poster session participants would like the opportunity to walk around and see other posters, mingle and eat, as well. First authors are encouraged to have a secondary person with knowledge of the poster/project at the symposium poster session to take their place and allow the first author time away from their poster station.
- Awards & Abstract/Poster Groups: Awards will be given to the top 4 abstract submissions. These 4 abstract submitters will have the opportunity to present their work during the scientific lectures on the day of the symposium.
4 Abstract Finalist Winners
- Abstract Review: All abstracts submitted by the Oct. 14 deadline will be reviewed by a panel of judges prior to the symposium. The top 4 abstract submissions will be selected as winners and these submitters will be given the opportunity to present during the scientific lectures on the day of the symposium in Cullen Auditorium .
- Prizes: Winners will receive a $400 voucher for the top 4 abstract submissions. These vouchers are to be used to support academic pursuits. There are very strict BCM rules regarding reimbursement; therefore, purchases must be made for winners by the Duncan Cancer Center staff. If a winner purchases their own prize, they will not be reimbursed.