Guidelines for Administration of Zometa (Zoledronic Acid)
- Lab work which included a comprehensive metabolic panel will be done every three months to monitor kidney function.
- Patient undergoing every three week chemotherapy programs will receive Zometa infusions every three weeks.
- Patients undergoing weekly chemotherapy programs will receive Zometa infusions every four weeks.
- Patients with stable bone disease on long term therapy (> six months) will receive Zometa less often than every Four weeks at the discretion of their medical oncologist.
- Patients undergoing Zometa infusions for the management of osteoporosis will receive Zometa infusions once yearly.
Developed on Jan. 25, 2006 by:
Powel Brown, M.D.
Jenny Chang, M.D.
Richard Elledge, M.D.
Mamta Kalidas, M.D.
Rush Lynch, M.D.
Kent Osborne, M.D.
Suzanne Perez, RN, BSN
Mari Rude, RN, ANP