Billing and Insurance Information
What You Need to Know Before Scheduling Your Test(s) or Procedure(s)
- Every insurance company offers numerous plans. Each plan varies by the type of contract your insurance provider (employer, self employed, private, etc) has signed.
- Each contract may require the insurer (you) to go to a specific facility for outpatient tests and/or procedures in order to have the service covered by your insurance provider.
- Although the Breast Care Center, Baylor Diagnostic Services and the Baylor Heart Clinic are contracted with most major medical companies for diagnosis, treatment, screening and prevention, it is important that you contact your insurance carrier prior to scheduling your test(s)/procedure(s) to verify the facility in which your contract requires you to go.
- If your insurance provider does not cover services at Baylor Diagnostic
- Services and/or the Baylor Heart Clinic you need to ask what facilities are approved, the nearest location and the phone number to call to schedule an appointment. Please be sure to write down the name of the person with whom you spoke with for future reference.
- Please check with your insurance carrier to see if there are any specific requirements that must be met prior to scheduling tests/procedures such as preauthorization. When preauthorization is required you will need to allow additional time.
- Your insurance provider can tell you about co-pays or deductibles for which you will be responsible, if any.
- Verifying this information beforehand will help keep you from running into problems once you arrive for your appointment.
If you do not adhere to your insurance company’s requirements, you will be responsible for any additional/unexpected out-of-pocket expenses