We develop and maintain web-based applications to manage research, clinical, and administrative data for approximately 180 local users, and 70 remote users (non-Baylor employees).
These applications handle a wide range of data sets and problems, including:
- Lab management
- Work requests
- Microarray data management
- Clinical trials
- Logician forms
- Web-based surveys
Our data is maintained by a dedicated on site Database Administrator who manages day to day operations as well as design, optimization and backup of the databases.
Due to the wide variety of applications we maintain we utilize a number of differ net database system which include:
- MS SQL
Our servers and systems are managed by an in house Systems Administrator who oversees operations, networks, security and upgrades.
System Services include:
- Secure file services
- Secure file transport
- Storage systems
- File backup and recovery
- Single point of contact for all IT issues
The desktop support team is comprised of three members who handle users needs and problems.
Desktop Support Services include:
- E-mail access - e-mail address in the Breast Center domain, including local area network access and remote access via web mail
- File access - secure file access for individuals and groups within the Breast Center. Includes file backup and recovery
- Print services - printing to networked printers managed at the domain.
- Fax services - online fax send and receive service via Lightning Fax.
- Web Site - web site hosting for the Breast Center, including personalization for PI’s and Labs
- Software - installation of desktop software for all Breast Center users, as well as use of site-licensed software, such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Contribute, Acrobat, and Norton Anti-Virus
- Hardware Consultation - review on proposed purchases and configurations; set-up and installation
- Miscellaneous desktop support - help solve end-user problems with desktop computers and peripherals for administrative, lab and clinic users