Susan G. Hilsenbeck, Ph.D. - Biography
Professor of Medicine
- 1974, B.S. Ecology and Ornithology, Department of Biology, University of Miami, Miami, Fla.
- 1977, M.S. Mathematical and Population Ecology, Department of Biology, University of Miami, Miami, Fla.
- 1990, Ph.D. Applied Statistics, Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science, Management Science, and Epidemiology & Public Health, University of Miami, Miami, Fla.
- Design and analysis of expression array experiments, developing strategies for optimal design of microarray experiments, and in comparing methods of analysis
- Modeling xenograft tumor growth, nonlinear parametric models of tumor growth, regression, and regrowth as a way to assess delay of resistance to treatment
Honors and Awards
- 1997 - First Prize (Co-author), Poster Presentation Award, 23rd Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australasian Division of the International Academy of Pathology Limited, Sydney, Australia
- 1986-1989 University of Miami Fellow, University of Miami Graduate School, Coral Gables, Fla.
- 1986 - Phi Lambda Pi Award, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Fla.
- 1978 - Wilson Award, Wilson Ornithological Society
- 1974-1977 - Maytag Fellow in Ornithology, University of Miami Graduate School, Coral Gables, Fla.
- 1973 - Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 2008-present - Member, American Statistical Association Board of Directors
- 1991-1999 - Member, Southwest Oncology Group
- 1992 - Member, American Association for Cancer Research
- 1992 - Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
- 1991 - President, San Antonio Chapter of American Statistical Association
- 1991 - Member, Southwest Oncology Group
- 1985 - Member, Society for Controlled Clinical Trials
- 1980 - Member, American Statistical Association
- 1980 - Member, Biometric Society
- 2008-present - AACR, Cancer Prevention Research (Biostatistics Editor)
- 2005-present - Breast Cancer Research and Treatment
- 1997-2003 - Journal of Registry Management