Sample Drop-off for Affymetrix or Spotted Array
Bring non-diluted (original) samples on ice or dry ice for Affymetrix and Spotted Array Services.
- Users must have completed a SAQC request for any sample intended for submission for Affymetrix or Spotted Array(Agilent or NimbleGen) Services.
- User must submit a service request to MAID (AFFY or Spotted Arrays-Agilent or NimbleGen) and have received an automated email indicating receipt of the request and specifying acceptable drop-off times before bringing the sample to the facility.
Note: GARP will only accept samples for current requests on MAID.
- Bring undiluted (original) samples to the GARP during official drop-off times. To ensure sample remains intact, please bring on dry-ice.
Please note: the sample must be delivered by a lab member who is registered on MAID (see user guide).
- GARP technicians will test the samples for concentration using the NanoDrop ND-1000 Spectrophotometer and then process samples for the service requested. By logging onto MAID, users are able to track the progress of their request.
- Upon completion of the request, the user will receive an automatic email advising that the request was completed and the user should logon to MAID to retrieve their results.
Samples will be automatically discarded TWO weeks after completion.
Note: Users interested in picking up samples from the GARP should plan to pick them up at the following times: Monday and Friday 1-3 p.m.