The Genomic and RNA Profiling Core Facility is proud of our online ordering and sample tracking system, MAID (MicroArray Information Database). MAID allows users to submit requests for service, track the progress of samples, keep track of valuable information for each sample, access data files, and review billing information.
Current MAID New Request Options:
- SAQC (Sample Quality Check) -- GARP analysis for sample integrity and concentration. All samples must pass SAQC to be eligible for other request submission.
- CDNA (Spotted Glass Array) -- This request option is for Agilent and NimbleGen arrays. Applications include: array CGH, ChIP-chip (tiling/promoter), mRNA expression, and microRNA expression.
- AFFY (Affymetrix Platform) -- Choose this request option for Affymetrix based array analysis. Applications include: 3' IVT expression, exon array expression, gene array expression, microRNA expression, whole genome tiling/promoter arrays for ChIP-chip, SNP genotyping.
- CLON (Clone Repository) -- Use this option to request cDNA clones from our human and mouse cDNA repository (>150,000 cDNA clones).
- DATA -- Choose this request option for data analysis.
Contact the GARP core (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to request Panomics gene expression (using Luminex technology), SuperArray qPCR assays, or Next Generation Sequencing.
Registration and Login
If you are already registered as a MAID user, you may login.
If you have not registered as a MAID user, please have your Primary Investigator (PI) fill out the registration form (PDF) to get started. Once the PI of the lab is registered in MAID, he or she can begin adding users in his or her lab (Lab Members).
Attention MAC OS X Users: Please access MAID using a PC or Microsoft Explorer. If you do not have access to a PC or Microsoft Explorer you may use the GARP workstation located in 333E.
Attention Texas Children's Hospital Intranet Users: Please VPN before accessing MAID. VPN instructions can be found here.
NOTE: If you have a Baylor user login but are not located in a BCM building, you may have to use remote access to login to MAID. All Baylor users can download and use the virtual private network software (internal access only; ECA required) to access Baylor's internal network.