- Texas Children's Pavilion for Women 6651 Main Street Suite F420 Houston, Texas 77030 United States (832) 826-7500 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Professor
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- MD from The University of Texas Health Science Center
- Fellowship at The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Residency at The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- M.D. from University Of Texas Health Science Center
- MEd from University of Houston
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Morbidly Adherent Placentation
- Treatment of Diabetes in Pregnancy
Dr. Fox practices in the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine. She sees patients primarily at the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Center at the Pavilion for Women. She cares for women with a variety of medical conditions complicating pregnancy, and works with the Fetal Center team to care for women referred to the Fetal Center for fetal treatment. Her particular clinical interests include caring for women with morbidly adherent placenta (placenta accreta, increta and percreta) and pregestational diabetes.
Dr. Fox completed medical school at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and was selected as member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Prior to her medical training, Dr. Fox served in the US Army and was recognized as the Soldier of Year in Fort Hood, TX in 1997, and was inducted into the Sergeant Audie Murphy Club, an exclusive society to commend and promote leadership amongst enlisted soldiers. She completed Obstetrics and Gynecology residency and a fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine at The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, serving as Chief Administrative Resident and is currently pursuing a Masters in Education at the University of Houston.
She is actively involved in the education of residents and Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellows, and serves on numerous committees throughout the hospital and Baylor College of Medicine.
- Shamshirsaz AA, Salmanian B, Fox KA, Diaz-Arrastia CR, Lee W, Baker BW, Ballas J, Chen Q, Van Veen TR, Javadian P, Sangi-Haghpeykar H, Zacharias N, Welty S, Cassady CI, Moaddab A, Popek EJ, Rocky Hui SK, Teruya J, Bandi V, Martin SR, Coburn M, et al.. "Maternal Morbidity in patients with morbidly adherent placenta treated with and without a standardized multidisciplinary approach.." Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 August 27 Pubmed PMID: 25173187
- Racusin DA, Fox KA, Ramin SM. "Severe Acute Asthma." Semin Perinatol. 2013 August;37(4):234-45. Pubmed PMID: 23916022
- de Almeida Pimenta EJ, Silva de Paula CF, Duarte Bonini Campos JA, Fox KA, Francisco R, Ruano R, Zugaib M.. "Three-dimensional sonographic assessment of placental volume and vascularization in pregnancies complicated by hypertensive disorders." J Ultrasound Med. 2014 March;33(3):483-91. Pubmed PMID: 24567460
- Mateus J, Fox K, Jain S, Jain S, Latta R, Cohen J. "Preterm premature rupture of membranes: clinical outcomes of late-preterm infants.." Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2010 January;49(1):60-5. Pubmed PMID: 19643979
- Fox KA, Longo M, Tamayo E, Gamble P, Makhlouf M, Mateus JF, Saade GR. "Sex-specific effects of nicotine exposure on developmental programming of blood pressure and vascular reactivity in the C57Bl/6J mouse.." Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol.. 2012 September;207(3):208.e1-9. Pubmed PMID: 22789524
- Fox KA, Longo M, Tamayo E, Kechichian T, Bytautiene E, Hankins GD, Saade GR, Costantine MM. "Effects of pravastatin on mediators of vascular function in a mouse model of soluble Fms-like tyrosine kinase-1-induced preeclampsia.." Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol.. 2011 October;205(4):366.e1-5. Pubmed PMID: 22083058
- Fox KA, Theiler R. "Vaccination in pregnancy.." Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2011 May;12(5):789-96. Pubmed PMID: 21480828
- Costantine MM, Fox K, Byers BD, Mateus J, Ghulmiyyah LM, Blackwell S, Hankins GD, Grobman WA, Saade G. "Validation of the prediction model for success of vaginal birth after cesarean delivery.." Obstet Gynecol. 2009 November;114(5):1029-33. Pubmed PMID: 20168103
- Costantine MM, Fox KA, Pacheco LD, Mateus J, Hankins GD, Grobman WA, Saade GR. "Does information available at delivery improve the accuracy of predicting vaginal birth after cesarean? Validation of the published models in an independent patient cohort.." Am J Perinatol. 2011 April;28(4):293-8. Pubmed PMID: 21225561
- Jain S, Fox KA, Van den Berg P, Hill A, Nilsen S, Olson G, Karnath B, Frye A, Szauter K.. "Simulation training impacts student confidence and knowledge for breast and pelvic examination." Medical Science Educator. 2014 March;24(1):59-64.
- Walsh TM, Borahay MA, Fox KA, Kilic GS. "Robotic-assisted, ultrasound-guided abdominal cerclage during pregnancy: overcoming minimally invasive surgery limitations?." J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 20(3):398-400. Pubmed PMID: 23506713