- Associate Professor
- National School of Tropical Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, Section of Tropical Medicine
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- Laboratory for Antigen Discovery
- Section of Pediatric Tropical Medicine
- Antigen Discovery Unit
- Texas Children's Hospital Center for Vaccine Development
- Postdoctoral Fellowship from University Of Texas Medical Branch
- M.D. from Fujian Medical University
- M.S. from Chinese Academy Of Preventive Medicine
- The development of a recombinant vaccine against human onchocerciasis
- The goal of this project is to develop an expression platform to allow for large-scale expression of Ov-ASP-1 as a recombinant protein for adjuvant purpose.
- Diagnostics reagents for cysticercosis
- The sera from infected people was collected to immunoscreen cDNA library of T. solium cyst and the positive antigens will be expressed as recombinant proteins. The proteins will be tested for their efficacy as diagnostic reagents.
- B. Thuringiensis crystal proteins as powerful next-generation anthelmintics
- Crystal proteins are made by the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt) with Insecticide activity. We are testing its potential anthelminthic activity against parasitic nematodes by using our Ancylostoma ceylanicum/hamster model established in our lab.