- Baylor College of Medicine Medical Center (Clinic)
- 7200 Cambridge Street Suite 10A Houston, Texas 77030 United States 713-986-6016
- Sugar Land Office 15200 Southwest Freeway Suite 175 Sugar Land, Texas 77478 United States 713-986-6016
- Baylor Orthopedic Surgery
- Theodore Shybut MD (AAOS)
- Dr. Shybut's American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons professional page.
- STOP Sports Injuries/Sports Injury Prevention
- Keeping kids in the game for life.
- Dr. Shybut is on You Tube
- Baylor College of Medicine video profile and surgical video(s) (more coming--right now check out an ACL reconstruction in an athlete's knee).
- Dr. Shybut is on Twitter
- Twitter feed from Theodore Shybut, MD, Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine specializing in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery of knee, shoulder, and elbow.
- USA Baseball Pitching Injuries
- Pitch count limits for baseball players and recommendations for avoiding injury in baseball and staying in the game
- SMSF PEP Program
- Injury prevention program for soccer players.
- FIFA 11+
- Complete warm-up program, designed for injury prevention in soccer players.
- HealthTap - Dr. Shybut
- For members, HealthTaps connects you directly with the best health information and the best doctors, from your mobile device or on the web.
- Orthopedic Health Library
- Helpful information about sports injuries and orthopedic conditions, surgery, rehabilitation, etc from American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Dr. Shybut is on Facebook
- Theodore Shybut MD
- Houston orthopedic sports medicine specialist Theodore Shybut, MD
- Assistant Professor
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- MD from Columbia University: College of Physicians & Surgeons
- Internship at New York University Langone Medical Center - Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Residency at New York University Langone Medical Center - Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine
- Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic Surgery, Sports Medicine Surgery, Team Physician/Team Coverage, Treatment of Sports Injuries
- AB from Harvard University
- History and Science (Honors Thesis on History of Anabolic Steroids)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Sports Subspecialty Certificate
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certification in Orthopedic Sports Medicine: The Subspecialty Certificate in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine is for those Board certified orthopaedic surgeons who have demonstrated qualifications in sports medicine beyond those expected of other orthopaedic surgeons by virtue of additional training, a practice characterized by a majority of cases in sports medicine, and contributions to this field.
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction, Revision ACL surgery; Rotator cuff repair; Shoulder stabilization (Bankart, SLAP, labral repair, Laterjet); Cartilage restoration, Osteotomies of the knee; Stem cells, PRP; Shoulder replacement
Theodore B. Shybut, MD is Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine. He is an expert in orthopedic sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery. He is board-certified in orthopedic surgery and also holds subspecialty board certification in orthopedic sports medicine. He specializes in arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery of the knee, shoulder, and elbow, including complex revision surgeries. He was recently named a Rising Star by SuperDoctors.com for 2015. He was named a Top Doctor in both orthopedic surgery and sports medicine categories in Houstonia Magazine's 2014 Top Doctors issue.
He graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard College, where he competed in intercollegiate lightweight crew. He graduated from Columbia University – College of Physicians & Surgeons, where he was elected into Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He completed orthopedic surgery residency at New York University Langone Medical Center – Hospital for Joint Diseases (#4 for orthopedic surgery in US News 2014), then fellowship in orthopedic sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at Baylor College of Medicine.
He currently provides care to collegiate athletes as a consultant for Texas Southern University.
He has provided care for Houston Texans, Rockets, Dynamo, Astros, University of Houston, New York University, Alvin Ailey Dance Co, PGA, and multiple high schools.
He is a member of American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and J. Robert Gladden Orthopedic Society. In addition to rowing intercollegiate crew at Harvard, he has run the Boston and New York Marathons with a 2:45 PR, and won the Flying Pig 5K in Cincinnati in 2007.
Dr. Shybut's research has been published in multiple journals, including the prestigious American Journal of Sports Medicine. In addition his research has been presented at national meetings. Dr. Shybut’s future research interest is biological enhancement of ligament, tendon, and cartilage repairs/reconstructions to improve outcomes and minimize later degenerative effects from sports injuries.
- Shybut TB, Pahk B, Hall G, Meislin RJ, Rokito AS, Rosen J, Jazrawi LM, Sherman OH. "Functional outcomes of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction with tibialis anterior allograft." Bull Hosp Jt Dis. 2013;71(2):138-43. Pubmed PMID: 24032615
- McCulloch PC, Shybut TB, Isamaily SK, Durrani S, Gold JE, Noble PC, Lintner DM. "The effect of progressive degrees of medial meniscal loss on stability after anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction." J Knee Surg. 2013;26(5):363-9. Pubmed PMID: 23512542
- Shybut TB, Rose DJ, Strongwater AM. "Second metatarsal physeal arrest in an adolescent flamenco dancer: a case report.." Foot Ankle Int. 2008 August;29(8):859-62. Pubmed PMID: 18752788
- Shybut T, Strauss EJ. "Surgical management of meniscal tears.." Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis. 2011;69(1):56-62. Pubmed PMID: 21332440
- Shybut TB, Vega CE, Haddad J, Alexander JW, Gold JE, Noble PC, Lowe WR. "Effect of lateral meniscal root tear on the stability of the anterior cruciate ligament-deficient knee." Am J Sports Med. 2015 January 14 Pubmed PMID: 25589386
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Houston Orthopedic Society
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Knee Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Stem Cell Therapy