- 7200 Cambridge Suite 9A, MS:BCM650 Houston, Texas 77030 United States (713) 798-4696
- Medical Resident
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Houston, TX, US
- MBBS from Christian Medical College
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship at Medical College of Wisconsin
- Spinal Cord Injury
Honors & Awards
- Depuy Synthes Award for Resident Research on Spinal Cord and Spinal Column Injury (2013)
- Clinical correlates of high cervical fractional anisotropy in acute cervical spinal cord injury.
- Ronald R. Tasker Award (2016)
- Use of spinal cord diffusion tensor imaging to quantify neural ablation and evaluate outcome after percutaneous cordotomy for intractable cancer pain
- AANS/CNS Cranial Trauma Award (2017)
- Association between hypernatremia and mortality in patients with severe TBI
- Vedantam A, Jirjis M, Schmit BD, Wang MC, Ulmer JL, Kurpad SN. "Diffusion tensor imaging of the spinal cord: insights from animal and human studies." Neurosurgery. 2014 January;74(1):1-8.
- Vedantam A, Hou P, Chi TL, Dougherty PM, Hess KR, Viswanathan A. "Use of spinal cord diffusion tensor imaging to quantify neural ablation and evaluate outcome after percutaneous cordotomy for intractable cancer pain." Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2017;95:34-49.
- Vedantam A, Fridley JS, Navarro JC, Gopinath SP. "Management of acute unilateral nondisplaced subaxial cervical facet fractures." Oper Neurosurg. 2017;(Epub ahead of print)
- Vedantam A, Rao A, Kurpad SN, Jirjis MB, Eckardt G, Schmit BD, Wang MC. "Diffusion tensor imaging correlates with short-term myelopathy outcome in patients with cervical spondylotic myelopathy." World Neurosurg. 2017;97:489-494.
- Vedantam A, Robertson CS, Gopinath SP. "Quantitative cerebral blood flow using xenon-enhanced CT after decompressive craniectomy in traumatic brain injury.." J Neurosurg. 2017;13:1-6.