- Assistant Professor
Pediatrics-Adol. & Sports Med.
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX, US
- TCH-Clinical Care Center (Clinic)
Houston, TX 77030
- Fellowship at Houston Methodist
- 06/2015 - Houston
- Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Residency at University of Texas Health Science Center
- 05/2009 - Houston
- Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
- MD from Medical College of Wisconsin
- 05/2009 - Milwaukee, WI
- Board Eligible
- American Board of Pediatrics
- Board Eligible
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Career Development Award
- Fifteenth Annual Emergency Medicine Research Forum, Milwaukee, WI
Professional StatementKristin Ernest, MD, is an Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine in the Department of Adolescent and Sports Medicine and is the Primary Care Sports Medicine provider at Texas Children’s Hospital – The Woodlands.
Dr. Ernest completed her training in Sports Medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital, following her Internal Medicine and Pediatrics residency at The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston.
Whether it is just a question, or an injury ranging from the simple to the complex, Dr. Ernest welcomes all ages and ranges of athletic ability to her clinic.
She works in close collaboration with physical therapists, athletic trainers and nutritionists to provide holistic, personalized treatment plans. This multidisciplinary approach is the key to optimized and successful outcomes.
Her special interests include supporting endurance athletes (running, cycling, triathlets, etc), female athletes, and athletes with special needs. She focuses on injuries from both a prevention and recovery perspective.
She is active in the community and especially enjoys educating others, including; athletes, coaches and families through her blogs and lectures on sports medicine related topics. Together with her family, she also enjoys participating in events alongside her patients.
- Ernest, Kristin M. "Concussion." Case Files Pediatrics. 2015 : 496-500.
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Physicians
Log In to edit your profile