Gozde Cay, Ph.D.
Gozde Cay, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Associate
Surgery - Vascular Surgery
Baylor College of Medicine
- PhD from University of Rhode Island
- 05/2022 - Kingston, Rhode Island United States
- MS from University of Rhode Island
- 12/2017 - Kingston, Rhode Island United States
- BS from Bolu Abant Izzet Baysal University
- 06/2012 - Bolu, Turkey
Professional StatementGozde is a postdoctoral research associate at the Interdisciplinary Consortium on Advanced Motion Performance (iCAMP), which is part of the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She completed her PhD degree at the University of Rhode Island, Kingston, where she worked as a research scholar in the Wearable Biosensing Lab. Her research during her PhD focused on embedded systems, wearable technology, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Currently, Gozde is involved in various digital health projects that use wearable sensors to assess movement quality, provide telecare monitoring for elderly individuals, and enable remote monitoring of cognitive frailty in the home.
Throughout her academic career, Gozde has received numerous awards, including the Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering Outstanding Researcher Award in 2022, the Master&PhD Degree Scholarship for Overseas Universities from the Turkish Ministry of National Education in 2014, the NSF Connections in Smart Health Workshop Student Travel Award in 2018 and 2019, and the CRA-W Grad Cohort for Women Student Travel Award in 2019, 2021, and 2022. She also won second place in the Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering Best Poster Award in 2018 and first place in 2019.
- International Conference on Smart Computing (SmartComp)
- Conference (Presenter, 2021)
- Sponsor: IEEE
- International conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems and Engineering Technologies (Chase)
- Conference (Presenter, 2022)
- Sponsor: IEEE/ACM
- Gozde Cay, Dhaval Solanki, Md Abdullah Al Rumon, Vignesh Ravichandran, Laurie Hoffman, Abbot Laptook, James Padbury, Amy L. Salisbury, Kunal Mankodiya "NeoWear: An IoT-connected e-textile wearable for neonatal medical monitoring." 2022 Oct;86
- Gozde Cay, Vignesh Ravichandran, Manob Jyoti Saikia, Laurie Hoffman, Abbot Laptook, James Padbury, Amy L Salisbury, Anna Gitelson-Kahn, Krishna Venkatasubramanian, Yalda Shahriari, Kunal Mankodiya "An E-Textile Respiration Sensing System for NICU Monitoring: Design and Validation." J Signal Process Syst .. 2022;6(94):543-557. Pubmed PMID: 34306304
- Gozde Cay, Kunal Mankodiya "SleepSmart: Smart Mattress Integrated with e-Textiles and IoT Functions for Sleep Apnea Management." 2020 IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PerCom Workshops). 2020;
- Gozde Cay, Vignesh Ravichandran, Shehjar Sadhu, Alyssa H Zisk, Amy Salisbury, Dhaval Solanki, Kunal Mankodiya "Recent Advancement in Sleep Technologies: A Literature Review on Clinical Standards, Sensors, Apps, and AI Methods." 2022 Sep;10:104737 - 104756.
- Mohammadreza Abtahi, Gozde Cay, Manob Jyoti Saikia, Kunal Mankodiya "Designing and testing a wearable, wireless fNIRS patch." Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc.; Pubmed PMID: 28269689
- M G Finco, Gozde Cay, Myeounggon Lee, Jason Garcia, Elia Salazar, Tze-Woei Tan, David G Armstrong, Bijan Najafi "Taking a Load Off: User Perceptions of Smart Offloading Walkers for Diabetic Foot Ulcers Using the Technology Acceptance Model." 2023 Mar 2;23(5):2768. Pubmed PMID: 36904971
- Smart Offloading for Diabetic Ulcer Patients
- iCAMP (07/2022 - present)
- Design of a Wearable Multi-Sensory based Chest Belt Integrated With IoT Functions for Respiration Monitoring
- Wearable Biosensing Lab/University of Rhode Island (01/2018 - 05/2022)
- Kingston, Rhode Island
- PhD Research Project
- Design of a Wearable fNIRS Neuroimaging Device with an Internet-of-Things Architecture
- Wearable Biosensing Lab/University of Rhode Island (09/2015 - 12/2017)
- Kingston, RI
- Master Research Project
- Design of A Pulse Oximeter based on Fuzzy Logic
- Bolu Abant Izzet Baysal University (09/2011 - 06/2012)
- Bolu, Turkey
- Capstone Project
Log In to edit your profile