Abhishek Seth, M.D.
Abhishek Seth, M.D.
- Assistant Professor
Baylor College of Medicine
Houston, TX US
- Texas Children's Hospital (Clinic)
Clinical Care Center
Houston, TX 77030
- MD from University of British Columbia
- 01/2005 - Vancouver, British Colombia Canada
- Residency at University of British Columbia
- 01/2010 - Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
- Fellowship at Boston Children's Hospital
- 01/2013 - Boston, Massachusetts United States
- Pediatric Urology
Professional StatementAbhishek Seth, M.D., Assistant Professor, is a K12 scholar, working under the mentorship of Dr. Lamb. His research involves studying the genetic basis of congenital urologic birth defects such as vesicoureteric reflux (VUR), and ureteropelvic junction obstruction (UPJO). The goal of this project is to use comparative genomic hybridization microarrays to improve the diagnosis of chromosomal defects in children with VUR and UPJO. These studies aim to improve the diagnosis of children with these disorders through the development of a molecular karyotype to identify unrecognized genomic disorders. The second focus of his laboratory is to study the epigenetics of bladder inflammation. His laboratory is involved in studying epigenetic changes in the urine of patients with various forms of cystitis. Furthermore, his research is also involved in studying epigenetic changes that occur in the detrusor muscle of a spastic neurogenic bladder. His clinical area of interests spans the entire breadth of pediatric urologic surgery, from minimally invasive robotic surgery to complex reconstruction for congenital urologic anomalies.
- Bielenberg DR, Seth A, Shimizu A, Pelton K, Cristofaro V, Ramachandran A, Zwaans BM, Chen C, Krishnan R, Seth M, Huang L, Takashima S, Klagsbrun M, Sullivan MP, Adam RM "Neuropilin 2 regulates smooth muscle contractility.." 2012/August;9(66): Pubmed PMID: 22688055
- Seth A, Chung YG, Kim D, Ramachandran A, Cristofaro V, Gomez P 3rd, Tu D, Huang L, Benowitz LI, Di Vizio D, Sullivan MP, Adam RM "The impact of discrete modes of spinal cord injury on bladder muscle contractility.." BMC Urology.2013/May;13:13-24. Pubmed PMID: 23668225
- Seth A, Chung YG, Gil ES, Tu D, Franck D, Di Vizio D, Adam RM, Kaplan DL, Estrada CR Jr, Mauney JR "The performance of silk scaffolds in a rat model of augmentation cystoplasty.." Biomaterials.2013/July;34(20):4758-4765. Pubmed PMID: 23545287
- Society for Pediatric Urology
- American Urological Association
- American College of Surgeons
- Associate Member
Log In to edit your profile