National Congenital CMV Disease
What Are Your Questions?
What is CMV?
- My child has been diagnosed with congenital CMV infection. When should his hearing be tested?
- How do you catch CMV?
- What happens in the body during a CMV infection?
- What are usual signs and symptoms of acquired CMV infection?
- How common is CMV in newborns?
- How do you make a diagnosis of congenital CMV infection?
- What are signs and symptoms of congenital CMV disease?
- What problems are associated with a "silent" CMV infection?
- What are the chances my unborn baby has CMV?
- When a diagnosis of congenital CMV has been made, what type of followup is recommended?
- Will my child's hearing loss get worse?
- Should I find out if my child is still shedding the virus?
CMV and Pregnancy
- I'm thinking about becoming pregnant. Is there any test that can be done to show if I could be at risk for catching CMV?
Precautions and Preventions
- If I have given birth to a baby with CMV, should I be concerned about future pregnancies?
- Can I prevent catching CMV?
- Is there a vaccine against CMV?
Therapy and Support
- Can congenital CMV infection or disease be treated?
- Is there a CMV support group?
Download or print CMV Brochure (pdf).