Family Medicine Interest Group
The Family Medicine Interest Group is comprised of medical students interested in or thinking about pursuing a career in family medicine. It is run by student volunteers who are responsible for planning all events with the support of personnel in the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
The purpose of the FMIG is to:
- Give back to the community through service activities.
- Learn about the specialty of family practice.
- Facilitate contact with practicing family physicians & family medicine faculty.
- Provide opportunities for students to gain experience in primary care outside of the standard curriculum.
- Student members meet in the spring to elect officers and plan the agenda for the next year.
The Department of Family and Community Medicine and the Texas Academy of Family Physicians Foundation provide support for the FMIG.