Faculty and staff of the quarter announced
Dec. 1, 2012
Employees from all areas of the college have been recognized with You FIRST awards for the first quarter of fiscal year 2013. Originally started as a program to recognize clinical faculty and staff, You FIRST was expanded to encompass the whole college.
FY 13 Quarter 1 winners include:
- Leader of the Quarter – Joy Dun, human resources
- Professional of the Quarter – Kevin Minor, environmental safety
- Administrative Professional of the Quarter – Letha Smith, department of medicine
- Employee of the Quarter – Sharon Congdon, department of otolaryngology
- Faculty of the Quarter – Dr. Beth Carter, department of pediatrics – gastroenterology
- Leader of the Quarter – Lisa Wheeler, patient business services
- Administrative Professional of the Quarter – Dora Juarez, graduate school for biomedical sciences
- Leader of the Quarter – Dr. Jim Phillips, senior vice president and dean of medical education
- Administrative Professional of the Quarter – Javier Villarreal, department of neuroscience
- Faculty of the Quarter – Dr. John Belmont, professor of molecular and human genetics
- Leader of the Quarter – Carol Looney, department of pediatrics – cardiology
- Technical Staff of the Quarter – Truong Dang, department of molecular and cell biology
- Maria Zuniga, office of the dean of research, for suggestion the establishment of a free library at BCM, where employees can borrow books from one another
Faculty and staff are nominated for the You FIRST awards by their peers. Winners are selected by a panel comprised of members of the BCM Staff Advisory Council. Winners receive a $100 award along with a certificate and trophy and are eligible for the Faculty and Staff of the Year Award.
Keep your eye out for communications from the You FIRST program about nominations for FY 13 Quarter 2. Learn more about the program online.