Latest news from Baylor College of Medicine
- Dr. Atul Chopra named Caroline Wiess Law ScholarDec 31, 2014
Dr. Atul Chopra has been named a Caroline Wiess Law Scholar, an award designated to recruit and retain accomplished, young physician-scientists.
- Grant supports research on potential immunotherapy treatment for neuroblastomaDec 30, 2014
Dr. Leonid Metelitsa, named among inaugural recipients of the Bio-therapeutics Impact Award from Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
- Obesity, acid reflux precursors for esophageal cancerDec 29, 2014
New review examines latest developments in the risk factors, pathologies, diagnosis and treatment of esophageal cancers.
- In the midst of flu season, it’s not too late to be vaccinatedDec 19, 2014
- It’s not too late to be vaccinated and protected against the influenza virus, according to an expert at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Dr. Brendan Lee named chair of genetics at Baylor College of MedicineDec 19, 2014
- Lee has been serving as interim chair since June of this year. He succeeds Dr. Arthur Beaudet, who continues as a professor of molecular and human genetics, molecular and cellular biology and pediatrics at the College.
- Pregnancy safety while travelingDec 18, 2014
Baylor College of Medicine obstetrician and gynecologist expert offers traveling tips for women with uncomplicated pregnancies.
- Holiday eating can reveal inflammatory disorderDec 15, 2014
Increased holiday eating, including unfamiliar foods at potlucks and house parties, means opportunity to develop swallowing problems.
- Use holiday visit to check on health of elderly relativesDec 12, 2014
- While visiting elderly relatives over the holidays, be on the lookout for some tell-tale signs of declining health, said Baylor College of Medicine geriatric expert Dr. Robert Roush.
- Study further suggests combination targeted therapy without chemotherapy a good option for some HER2-positive breast cancerDec 12, 2014
- New data further suggests combination targeted therapy without chemotherapy is a potential approach for certain HER-2-positive breast cancer.
- Dr. Daniel Yoshor named chair of neurosurgeryDec 12, 2014
- Dr. Daniel Yoshor has been named chair of neurosurgery at Baylor College of Medicine.