Latest news from Baylor College of Medicine
- More clinics moving to new building on McNair CampusJan 14, 2015
- The phased move-in of the Baylor College of Medicine Medical Center at the McNair Campus continues next week, when several clinics will open on the ninth floor.
- O’Malley receives Outstanding Innovation Award from Endocrine SocietyJan 14, 2015
- Dr. Bert O’Malley, chair of molecular and cellular biology at Baylor College of Medicine, has been named as the recipient of the Endocrine Society’s Outstanding Innovation in Science Award.
- Johnson named one of Houston’s most influential womenJan 13, 2015
- Dr. Deborah Johnson, dean of the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, named one of Houston’s 50 most influential women of 2014.
- Baylor College of Medicine takes important steps to offer innovation to the underserved across the globeJan 13, 2015
- The Baylor Global Innovation Center, the research and development arm of Baylor Global Initiatives at Baylor College of Medicine, is now in full swing, set to offer innovation to areas that need it most.
- Study shows vaccination decreases rotavirus ratesJan 12, 2015
- Study by Baylor and Texas Children’s researchers shows that a vaccine for rotavirus in infants reduces the rates of infection.
- Study looks at effect of diet on prostate cancer progressionJan 9, 2015
- Recent studies suggest that nutrients found primarily in vegetables and fruits can help lower the risk of prostate cancer.
- A “null” gene and one that is just a little inactive are the recipe for scoliosisJan 8, 2015
- Research led by Baylor finds "null" gene and one that is just a little inactive results in a child born with a curved spine – congenital scoliosis.
- Safely, slowly introduce new workout routinesJan 5, 2015
- Sports medicine expert Dr. Theodore Shybut offers tips on how to safely participate in new exercises in the new year.
- Dr. Atul Chopra named Caroline Wiess Law ScholarDec 31, 2014
Dr. Atul Chopra has been named a Caroline Wiess Law Scholar, an award designated to recruit and retain accomplished, young physician-scientists.
- Grant supports research on potential immunotherapy treatment for neuroblastomaDec 30, 2014
Dr. Leonid Metelitsa, named among inaugural recipients of the Bio-therapeutics Impact Award from Alex’s Lemonade Stand.