- Incorporate genetic evaluation in familial colorectal cancer screening Mar 18, 2015
- Have a family history of colorectal cancer? Incorporate a genetics evaluation into a more proactive screening approach.
- Fusion gene provides a biological marker and clue for ovarian cancerMar 10, 2015
- Baylor researchers find a fusion gene may provide a clue and a marker for identifying a sub-group of the most common form of ovarian cancer.
- Baylor College of Medicine receives an additional $11 million in state cancer funding Feb 23, 2015
- Baylor researchers receive nine new grants totaling $11.3 million in the latest round of funding awarded by the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas.
- Coactivator forges pathway for prostate cancer metastatic survivalFeb 16, 2015
- New finding could help define pathway to develop a drug against prostate cancer metastasis, according to researchers at Baylor.
- Saving the heart after cancer treatmentFeb 9, 2015
- Baylor experts say early screening and monitoring using echocardiograms could be the key to helping cancer survivors stay heart healthy.
- Grant allows development of 'freeze-frame' proteins to study DNAJan 30, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine's Dr. Susan Rosenberg and colleagues awarded three-year $2 million grant from W.M. Keck Foundation.
- First comprehensive Lung Institute in Texas offers hope along with world class team of experts Jan 16, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine and Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center have developed the first comprehensive, multi-specialty Lung Institute in the state of Texas.
- Grant supports research on potential immunotherapy treatment for neuroblastomaDec 30, 2014
Dr. Leonid Metelitsa, named among inaugural recipients of the Bio-therapeutics Impact Award from Alex’s Lemonade Stand.
- Obesity, acid reflux precursors for esophageal cancerDec 29, 2014
New review examines latest developments in the risk factors, pathologies, diagnosis and treatment of esophageal cancers.
- Dr. Trey Westbrook named TAMEST 2015 Edith and Peter O’Donnell Award winner in medicine Dec 9, 2014
- Baylor College of Medicine researcher Dr. Thomas “Trey” Westbrook tapped for prestigious honor given annually to one scientist across the state of Texas for outstanding innovation in medicine.