Baylor College of Medicine continues to rank 17th nationally and 1st in Texas among the 139 medical schools for FY 2012 NIH funding. Ten BCM departments ranked among the top 20 in the specialty rankings:
- Molecular & Cellular Biology and Molecular & Human Genetics both ranked 1st in the country
- Pediatrics ranked 3rd
- Neuroscience ranked 8th
- Urology ranked 11th
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation ranked 12th
- Molecular Physiology & Biophysics ranked 14th
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery ranked 19th
- Pathology & Immunology ranked 21st
- Molecular & Cellular Biology, Molecular & Human Genetics, Molecular Physiology, Neuroscience, Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation are all also ranked first among Texas medical schools in NIH funding.
The rankings are compiled by the Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research.