Click on the sign for the listing of news and events by year. Then click on the link for details or press release.
- Taquitos de Sesos July 18, 2019
- "Women in Academic Medicine: Where are We Now," an online presentation by Dr. Jennifer Stinson
- Haneef, Kung, Maheshwari, Strutt, and York receive the Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award for 2019. May 17, 2019
- The Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award (formerly the Fulbright & Jaworski LLP Faculty Excellence Award) is a criterion-based program that recognizes faculty contributions in four categories: Teaching and Evaluation, Development of Enduring Educational Materials, Educational Leadership and Educational Research.
- Mandel and York receive the Early Career Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care. May 17, 2019
- Baylor College of Medicine honors outstanding contributions to the College's clinical mission with Faculty Awards for Excellence in Patient Care. Three categories of awards are available to recognize excellence from up and coming (Early Career), mid-career (Star) and senior (Master Clinician) faculty members.
- Strutt receives the Clarke Faculty Service Award. May 17, 2019
- The award honors faculty members whose exemplary service with professionalism has not previously been recognized through an official award by the College.
- Strutt presents course in Guatemala Oct. 6, 2017
- Dr. Strutt was the invited professor at a three-day course on neurological and psychiatric conditions in adolescence and young adulthood at the Universidad Del Valle in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Healthy Habits: Traveling, aerial gymnastics keep Dr. Jennifer Stinson active Aug. 2, 2017
- Dr. Jennifer Stinson, assistant professor of neurology at Baylor College of Medicine, shares some of her healthy habits.
- 2017 BCM Faculty Award Winners May 18, 2017
- Neurology faculty members recognized at 2017 omnibus awards ceremony encompassing the Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching and Evaluation, Early Career Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Star Award for Excellence in Patient Care, and Graduating Class Outstanding Faculty Award.
- Strutt and Stinson elected to neuropsychological society March 28, 2017
- Strutt gives presidential address.
- Deep-brain stimulation proves helpful for high school coach suffering from Tourrette Syndrome March 14, 2017
- There are hundreds of thousands of people who suffer from a disorder called Tourrette Syndrome.
- Texas Tourette Symposium — What Makes Them Tic? Jan. 18, 2017
- Jimenez-Shahed and Strutt co-direct an educational program that reviews the latest diagnostic and treatment options for Tourette syndrome (TS) and associated co-morbidities, updates research into TS genetics and pathophysiology, and provides information about helping individuals with TS and their families navigate the educational system.
- Recent appointments and promotions of faculty in the Department of Neurology Aug. 4, 2014
- I am pleased to announce the following recent appointments and promotions of faculty in the Department of Neurology.
- Strutt invited to speak at NIH symposium March 31, 2010
- Dr. Strutt will discuss her research on the neurocognitive assessment of primarily Spanish speaking adults at a symposium hosted by the National Institute on Aging.
- BCM tackles Alzheimer's on all fronts: Mitchell Foundation Pilot Projects Jan. 6, 2010
- Alzheimer's disease research and treatment is funded at BCM by George and Cynthia Mitchell Foundation Pilot Projects.
- Strutt named among "100 Hispanic Women in Leadership" Oct. 28, 2009
- Dr. Strutt was recognized at the 2009 Hispanic Women in Leadership Gala.
- York awarded Gillson Longenbaugh Foundation grant Aug. 3, 2009
- Dr. York was awarded the Gillson Longenbaugh Foundation grant, based on the 2009 Junior Faculty Seed Funding Competition.
- Houston couple brings reality TV success home Feb. 20, 2009
- Strutt among 10 two-person teams competing in a three-day, 350-mile chase through a maze of Houston-area landmarks…