Click on the sign for the listing of news and events by year. Then click on the link for details or press release.
- Mandel and York receive the Early Career Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care. May 17, 2019
- Baylor College of Medicine honors outstanding contributions to the College's clinical mission with Faculty Awards for Excellence in Patient Care. Three categories of awards are available to recognize excellence from up and coming (Early Career), mid-career (Star) and senior (Master Clinician) faculty members.
- CASSINI Trial Assesses Rivaroxaban for Thromboprophylaxis in Cancer Patients March 13, 2019
- In a phase IIIb trial, researchers evaluated the efficacy of an oral anticoagulant in cancer patients at high risk for venous thromboembolism.
- Healthy Habits: Basketball, taking stairs keep Dr. Jacob Mandel active Aug. 14, 2018
- Dr. Jacob Mandel, assistant professor of neurology at Baylor College of Medicine, shares some of his healthy habits.
- High failure rate of phase 3 glioblastoma trials highlights need for greater reliability of earlier studies Dec. 5, 2017
- Results of a study published in Neuro-Oncology indicate a high failure rate of phase 3 trials for glioblastoma, the most common primary malignant brain tumor among adults. The failure of these trials occurred even in cases when preceding phase 2 trials were positive.