Neurogenetics - Moretti Lab
Click on the sign for the listing of news and events by year. Then click on the link for details or press release.
- New function for gene ABAT provides explanation for mitochondrial dysfunction disorder March 4, 2015
- What began as a clinical mystery ended up connecting the metabolism of an important neurotransmitter with the metabolism of nucleosides, as well as maintenance of the mitochondrial genome in a single gene called ABAT.
- Baylor, Texas Children's join national collaboration to solve most difficult, rare medical cases July 1, 2014
- New national network of clinicians and scientists are joining forces to address prolonged undiagnosed medical conditions.
- How neurons and behavior are lined in Rett Syndrome Nov. 15, 2008
- As researchers at Baylor College of Medicine study MeCP2, the protein whose lack results in Rett Syndrome—a devastating autism spectrum disorder—they have come to understand the protein's importance in normal cells and how losing it can result…
- In rare cases, scientists link autism to folate deficiency Sept. 8, 2008
- In the fall of 2006, Liz and Peter Bell started to notice behavioral and neurological regression in their 13-year-old son, Tyler.