Ben Taub Hospital
Click on the sign for the listing of news and events by year. Then click on the link for details or press release.
- Recent appointments and promotions of faculty in the Department of Neurology Nov. 24, 2017
- Hutton, Kass, and Shulman recognized.
- 2017 BCM Faculty Award Winners May 18, 2017
- Neurology faculty members recognized at 2017 omnibus awards ceremony encompassing the Norton Rose Fulbright Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching and Evaluation, Early Career Faculty Award for Excellence in Patient Care, Star Award for Excellence in Patient Care, and Graduating Class Outstanding Faculty Award.
- Kiss me: I matched! March 17, 2017
- "The luck of the Irish – and four years of hard work and dedication – was on the side of Baylor College of Medicine medical students on Match Day 2017.
- Book Release – Neurology Secrets, 6th Edition Aug. 5, 2016
- Part of the bestselling Secrets Series, the updated sixth edition of Neurology Secrets continues to provide an up-to-date, concise overview of the most important topics in neurology today. It serves as a comprehensive introduction for medical students, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners, and is also a handy reference and refresher for residents and practitioners.
- Ben Taub Hospital stroke center recognitions mean expert care July 25, 2016
- Suzanne Moffett didn't even know she had a stroke until she woke up after a life-saving procedure at Ben Taub Hospital, home to one of six comprehensive stroke centers in greater Houston.
- Baylor recognizes excellence among clinicians June 16, 2016
- Jimenez-Shahed and Kass were among a group of Baylor College of Medicine faculty members recognized for excellence in patient care at the Master Clinician and Rising Star Clinician Awards ceremony.
- Baylor faculty honored for excellence in teaching, education May 26, 2016
- Chen and Kung received the Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Faculty Excellence Award for teaching and evaluation. Kass received the Graduating Class Outstanding Faculty Award.
- 2014 case of human form of "mad cow disease" highlights need for continued surveillance April 16, 2015
- The identification of a patient who died from the human form of "mad cow disease" demonstrates the need for continued global tracking and awareness of the prion disorder, according to Baylor researchers.
- Ben Taub Hospital stroke center achieves new "Elite Plus" national award March 26, 2015
- Ben Taub Hospital is the recipient of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Gold Plus-Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award.
- Stroke center achieves new "Elite Plus" national award March 26, 2015
- Harris Health System's Ben Taub Hospital is the recipient of a newly created recognition by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines®- Stroke Gold Plus-Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award. The award means the hospital achieved high marks for response and care provided for acute ischemic strokes, the most common stroke—87 percent of all cases—in America.
- Recent appointments and promotions of faculty in the Department of Neurology Aug. 4, 2014
- I am pleased to announce the following recent appointments and promotions of faculty in the Department of Neurology.
- Dr. Joseph Kass discusses Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and diet March 27, 2007
- Kass interviewed about the relationship between neurological disorders and diet.