Illumina Transcriptome Sequencing Grants
Call for Proposals: Transcriptome Sequencing Grants
BCM Genomic and RNA Profiling Core
Thank you for applying for this grant opportunity. Awardees are listed below.
- Balasubramanyam, Ashok - Comprehensive analysis of transcriptional targets of HIV-1 Vpr in the pathogenesis of HIV-associated fatty liver disease
- Hamilton, Susan - Analysis of pathways underlying the ability of low dose rapamycin to increase endurance, decrease body fat and improve insulin sensitivity
- Estes, Mary - Effect of Rotavirus infection on gene expression in human small intestine miniguts
- Heaney, Jason - Identification of TGCT (testicular germ cell tumorigenesis) modifier and susceptibility genes by whole transcriptome sequencing
- Elsea, Sarah - Gene expression changes in neurodevelopmental disorders caused by alterations in gene dosage
- Wang, Meng - Characterization of environmental life regulators
- Shaulsky, Gad - Developmental regulation of non-coding RNAs in Dictyostelium
- Caulin, Carlos - MYB-regulated genes controlling skin homeostasis
- Kellermayer, Richard - The developmental origins of Biliary Atresia
The BCM Genomic and RNA Profiling Core (GARP) and Illumina are offering a unique opportunity for innovative Profiling Core investigators to support pilot research projects using the Illumina HiSeq 2500 or MiSeq. The two available grants focus on RNA-sequencing and Targeted RNA. Researchers should submit proposals within the guidelines below.
Illumina will provide the sample prep and sequencing consumables and the GARP will provide the labor and analysis assistance for a discounted price. The Pilot Grant program will require that the recipients pay $250/sample to the GARP for their project.
Sample submission guidelines are defined by the input requirements of the selected sample prep kits and QC and quantification needs by the GARP. Details of these products can be found at the www.Illumina.com website or the links below.
Applications will be selected based on the scientific importance as well as meeting the criteria described in the data output parameters. Researchers are highly recommended to review read depth parameters to best design their studies.
- Submission deadline: Jan. 17, 2014
- Sample submission: March 1, 2014
GRANT 1: RNA-Sequencing
- One (1) lane of a HiSeq 2500 flowcell
- ~180 million (M) clusters or 360 M paired end reads
- Sample prep for library generation:
GRANT 2: Targeted RNA
- One MiSeq flow cell
- 15-25 M clusters
- TruSeq Targeted RNA Expression of either a Fixed Panel or Fixed plus Custom
- Up to 48 samples
- One Fixed panel from available list
- Custom panel of applicants choice of up to 200 assays
- See DesignStudio for run parameters and panel design