About the Cystic Fibrosis-Related Diabetes Clinic
The Maconda Brown O’Connor, Ph.D., Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center in partnership with Baylor Medicine Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism conducts a multidisciplinary clinic for patients with cystic fibrosis-related diabetes. This clinic offers patients the opportunity to meet with the endocrinologist and cystic fibrosis care provider in one location, maximizing the coordination of care between physicians and patient satisfaction. The clinic is staffed by the CF care team, endocrinologist and CFRD dietitian, with direct same-day referral to a clinical diabetes education team.
- Comprehensive adult cystic fibrosis care
- Diagnosis and management of CF-related diabetes (CFRD) including:
- Full examination and evaluation of risk
- Management of CFRD
- Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)
- Initiation and management of Insulin pumps
- On-site nutrition consultation
- On-site diabetic education
To schedule an appointment in this multidisciplinary clinic, please call (713) 798-2400 and ask to speak with the Adult CF Center nursing staff.