Please visit our central patient information page for information on insurance, pay online, billing, hotel/motel guide, customer service, privacy practices (HIPAA), and forms including general health, Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information (medical records), and Patient Relationship Agreement.
Cystic Fibrosis Patient Information
We know that the more prepared you are, the more relaxed you will feel during your visit. Your comfort and safety are our top priority. Below is helpful information that will ensure your experience is the best it can be.
Your Visit With Us
We ask that you come to the clinic quarterly; this allows us to better help you manage your disease and any complications that may arise. If this is your first visit, expect to be in the clinic for two to three hours.
Please arrive 15 minutes early. Remember to bring your:
- Emergency contact information
- Insurance card
- Advanced directives
- Current medications
- Referring physician contact
- Photo ID
Sick Visits and Emergency Room Visits
- If you need immediate assistance, please call (713) 798-2400 and ask to speak with a CF clinic nurse.
- Do NOT use MyChart for urgent needs or requests.
- If you require emergency medical care, please seek treatment at Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center, if possible.
- Have the ER physician call to speak with our on-call physician.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy
- If you can't keep your appointment, it's important that you call to cancel within 24 hours of appointment.
- Please call us if you will be more than 15 minutes late for your appointment because we may need to schedule you for later in the day or reschedule your appointment.
- Schedule your regular follow-up appointments every three months.
- Please bring in your treatment equipment to be evaluated by the respiratory therapist for problems, fitting and/or updates annually. Please coordinate this at the time you schedule your regular follow-up appointment.
We must have an up-to-date medication list, including pharmacy information for each medication, in your electronic medical record in order to prescribe or refill medications. This includes medications you receive from the Cystic Fibrosis pharmacy as well as the specialty pharmacy you use.
- Contact your pharmacy for refill requests. If a new prescription is needed, the pharmacy will contact us for approval.
- Prescriptions cannot be refilled after normal business hours, on the weekend or on holidays.
- Please allow seven business days for a prior authorization to be completed.
Non-Urgent Clinic Communications
Every patient is required to be registered with MyChart because this is how we can communicate with you, including test results, medication refills, etc.
To register with MyChart:
- Request MyChart access.
- From the Department Visited dropdown menu, select Pulmonary.
- Complete the form.
- Submit the request.
- You will receive your access code and registration instructions within one to three business days.
You can also call (713) 798-2400 and leave a message. Please allow 24 hours for a response.
Medication refill guidelines apply for controlled substances. In addition:
- We will NOT prescribe chronic narcotics or anxiety medicine. If you need these substances long-term, you must see a psychiatrist or pain management specialist.
- We may prescribe these medications in an acute situation.
- Controlled substances will not be refilled by an on-call physician.