Non-Surgical Care for Active Individuals
Primary Care Sports Medicine focuses on healthcare for athletes and physically active individuals. We treat anyone who is physically active help them improve performance, enhance overall health, prevent injury and maintain their physical activity throughout their lives.
We offer the following Sports Medicine services for athletes and active individuals of all ages:
- Comprehensive health care for the active patient, including diagnosis and treatment of sports or activity-related injuries and illnesses.
- Medical care for the non-musculoskeletal aspects affecting performance including addressing metabolic and mental health needs.
- Exercise prescriptions
- Concussion evaluation and management
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation, including injuries common to specific sports
- Manual techniques to prevent and treat muscular and skeletal conditions common in athletes
- Nutritional guidance to build strength and endurance in support of athletic performance
- Acute fracture diagnosis and management, including splinting and casting
- Joint injections for arthritis and other conditions
- Referrals for physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Consultation with orthopedic surgeons, physiatrists and rehabilitation specialists when needed
- Sports physicals
- Healthy lifestyle promotion