Momentum is Baylor College of Medicine’s blog that spans health news, medical education updates, healthcare, community, and events around Baylor.
- Grant addresses cognitive decline in aging populationSep 12, 2018
- A new grant is looking at designing a smart home environment powered by a wearable device and connected smart tags that would help monitor day-to-day tasks of a dementia patient.
- Seven attributes of the academic surgeon Mar 14, 2017
- In an effort to guide future academic surgeons on the path to success, seven surgeons at Baylor outlined seven common attributes of the academic surgeon.
- Getting smart about diabetic foot ulcersFeb 7, 2017
- Researchers found that using smart insoles and smartwatch technology to alert patients of harmful plantar pressures helps people with diabetic peripheral neuropathy.
- Quick test helps identify frailty in bedbound elderlyDec 15, 2016
- For older adults who are hospitalized for ground-level falls, their level of frailty can be an important indicator of adverse health outcomes upon discharge.
- Early diagnosis of artery disease can prevent limb lossOct 26, 2016
- Dr. Miguel Montero-Baker suggests those with a certain medical history be evaluated for peripheral artery disease to prevent serious complications.