Our focus is on promoting and maintaining health, and we encourage women and their families to be informed and actively involved in this process. We provide full-scope individualized care for healthy women, including family planning or child spacing techniques, annual physical exams and pap smears, as well as treatment for minor gynecologic conditions.
Our service is:
- Focused on complete prenatal and birth care emphasizing a safe and emotionally satisfying experience
- Managed and staffed by certified nurse-midwives
- Manned by faculty or staff of Baylor College of Medicine
- Available in a variety of locations
- Affiliated with Ben Taub Hospital, which also provides a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery for any infants requiring that level of care
Physician consultation and collaborative management are available if needed.
Baylor College of Medicine midwives also offer group prenatal care known as Centering Pregnancy as an option to women in many of our clinics.