Swimming and Contacts a Bad Combo - July 21, 2016
If you wear contact lenses, eye experts are warning you to take them out before swimming.
What should you look for when buying sunglasses? - July 18, 2016
If you want to preserve your eye health, putting on sunglasses should be taken as seriously as sunscreen.
- New study underway using laser technology to help improve precision in cataract surgery Jun 9, 2016
- A new study in the Alkek Eye Center is under way to compare the effectiveness of two methods in reducing astigmatism during cataract surgery.
- Grant will allow for further study of pediatric blinding diseaseJun 7, 2016
- Dr. Nduka Enemchukwu has been awarded a $65,000grant from the Knights Templar Eye Foundation to support his research on blinding disease in children.
- Exome sequencing helps identify cataract gene in members of religious sectJan 14, 2016
- Link between a type of cataract and sudden cardiac death may have been found thanks to exome sequencing.
- Nanowafer technology more effective than topical eye dropsFeb 4, 2015
- Researchers at Baylor have developed a nanowafer drug delivery system that is placed on the surface of the eye that contains arrays of drug-loaded nanoreservoirs.