Swimming and Contacts a Bad Combo - July 21, 2016
If you wear contact lenses, eye experts are warning you to take them out before swimming.
What should you look for when buying sunglasses? - July 18, 2016
If you want to preserve your eye health, putting on sunglasses should be taken as seriously as sunscreen.
- Knights Templar Eye Foundation gives $2M for endowed chairJan 5, 2018
- The Knights Templar Eye Foundation gifts Baylor College of Medicine $2 million to create the Knights Templar Eye Foundation Presidential Chair in Ophthalmology.
- Expert offers tips on protecting your eyes from fireworksDec 27, 2017
- Dr. Sumitra Khandelwal offers tips on how to protect your eyes from injury while using fireworks.
- Think twice before buying Halloween contactsOct 3, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng warns of danger from using novelty contacts for Halloween costumes and discusses the damage they can do to the eye.
- Contact lens care after swimming in floodwaters Sep 7, 2017
- Dr. Stephen Pflugfelder has advice for contact lens wearers on how to properly care for their eyes after being exposed to floodwaters brought in by Hurricane Harvey.
- Experience the solar eclipse with proper eye protectionAug 9, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng says when viewing the solar eclipse, it is important to wear proper eye protection to prevent damage to the eye, especially the retina.
- Signs your child may need glasses Jul 27, 2017
- Dr. Christina Weng says noticing signs of vision loss is especially significant in young children.
- Preventing eye fatigue on long road trips Jul 12, 2017
- Dr. Zaina Al-Mohtaseb gives insight on ways to prevent eye fatigue and get safely through road trips.
- Sunglasses with UVAB protection key to eye careMay 24, 2017
- Dr. Sumitra Khandelwal says wearing sunglasses is the best way to protect the eyes from strong UV rays, and the bigger, the better.
- Grant will support new therapy for inflammatory eye diseaseMar 16, 2017
- Dr. Robert Britton, professor of molecular virology and microbiology at Baylor College of Medicine, was awarded the Stein Innovation Award from the Research to Prevent Blindness organization.
- Mutations in CWC27 result in spectrum of conditionsMar 9, 2017
- Researchers has discovered that mutations in the human gene CWC27 result in a spectrum of clinical conditions that include retinal degeneration and problems with craniofacial and skeletal development.
- Algorithm gives insight into auditory/visual illusionFeb 16, 2017
- Neuroscience researchers have created an algorithm to reveal key insight into why the brain can sometimes muddle up one of the most fundamental aspects of the human experience.
- New treatment options will bring tears to your eyesFeb 2, 2017
- New specialized treatments available at the Alkek Eye Center in the Cullen Eye Institute at Baylor College of Medicine are helping patients with dry eyes see clearly again.
- Don’t let studying strain your eyesAug 16, 2016
- Studying on laptops or tablets can cause strain on the eyes. Eye expert Dr. Zaina Al-Mohtaseb explains how to avoid 'computer vision syndrome.'
- Visual pigment rhodopsin forms two-molecule complexes in vivoJul 25, 2016
- Researchers have determined the most likely configuration of rhodopsin in a living organism, a discovery which may help develop future therapies a degenerative eye disease.
- Expert says swimming with contact lenses can lead to complications Jul 11, 2016
- Avoid eye irritation and infections, avoid swimming with your contacts on this summer.
- Baylor recognizes excellence among cliniciansJun 16, 2016
- A select group of Baylor College of Medicine faculty members were recognized for excellence in patient care at the Master Clinician and Rising Star Clinician Awards ceremony.
- New study underway using laser technology to help improve precision in cataract surgery Jun 9, 2016
- A new study in the Alkek Eye Center is under way to compare the effectiveness of two methods in reducing astigmatism during cataract surgery.
- Grant will allow for further study of pediatric blinding diseaseJun 7, 2016
- Dr. Nduka Enemchukwu has been awarded a $65,000grant from the Knights Templar Eye Foundation to support his research on blinding disease in children.
- Exome sequencing helps identify cataract gene in members of religious sectJan 14, 2016
- Link between a type of cataract and sudden cardiac death may have been found thanks to exome sequencing.
- Nanowafer technology more effective than topical eye dropsFeb 4, 2015
- Researchers at Baylor have developed a nanowafer drug delivery system that is placed on the surface of the eye that contains arrays of drug-loaded nanoreservoirs.