Breast Center Newsletters
Male breast cancer survivor wants men to hear his story - July 9, 2015
One survivor is sharing his story about his battle with breast cancer and has a warning for every man.
- Baylor College of Medicine receives grant from Komen Houston for breast health programJul 8, 2016
- Susan G. Komen Houston awarded a $132,050 grant to Baylor for the prevention and treatment of breast cancer in underserved patient populations.
- Helping breast cancer patients discover body confidence during swimsuit seasonJun 29, 2016
- Swimsuit season can be particularly tough for some women undergoing breast cancer treatment, or who have had reconstructive surgery.
- Baylor College of Medicine welcomes Dr. Chonghui ChengJun 24, 2016
- Dr. Chonghui Cheng joins Baylor's Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center and the Department of Molecular and Human Genetics as an associate professor, continuing her work to explore how RNA regulation controls breast cancer metastasis.
- ASCO honors Osborne for work in breast cancer research, mentorshipJun 14, 2016
- Dr. C Kent Osborne has been awarded the 2016 American Society of Clinical Oncology’s Gianni Bonadonna Breast Cancer Award and Lecture.
- Submit abstracts for 3rd Annual Metastatic Breast Cancer ConferenceJun 1, 2016
- Abstracts are currently being accepted for the 3rd Annual Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference hosted by the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine.
- First large-scale proteogenomic study of breast cancer provides insight into potential therapeutic targetsMay 25, 2016
- Researchers completed the first large-scale “proteogenomic” study of breast cancer, linking DNA mutations to protein signaling and helping pinpoint the genes that drive cancer.
- Breast cancer tumor-initiating cells use mTOR signaling to recruit suppressor cells to promote tumor growthMay 16, 2016
- Baylor College of Medicine researchers report a new mechanism that helps cancer cells engage myeloid-derived suppressor for growth.
- Dr. Xiang Zhang awarded prestigious Department of Defense grant for breast cancer research Mar 15, 2016
- Dr. Xiang Zhang has been awarded the Department of Defense’s 2015 Breast Cancer Research Program Era of Hope Scholar Award to further study metastatic breast cancer.
- Expedited diagnostic process reduces anxiety over breast cancer diagnosisOct 30, 2015
- At the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine, imaging specialists have developed a program to expedite the process, reducing weeks to a mere few days, helping patients cope with the stress and anxiety that accompany the process.
- Making sense of revised breast cancer screening guidelinesOct 21, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine experts encourage every woman to take a proactive role in knowing and understanding their risk for breast cancer.
- City recognizes Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day Oct 13, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine joins City of Houston and local organizations in recognizing awareness for metastatic breast cancer.
- 3D mammography most effective technology available for breast cancer screeningOct 9, 2015
- Three-dimensional digital breast tomography, or 3D mammography, is the most effective technology available for early detection of breast cancer, said experts in the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Baylor College of Medicine receives $822,000 in Komen grants Sep 22, 2015
- Researchers from the NCI-Comprehensive Designated Dan L Duncan Comprehensive Cancer Center at Baylor College of Medicine have received over $822,000 in grant funding from Susan G. Komen for four new projects in breast cancer research.
- Disruption of a crucial cellular machine may kill the engine of deadly cancersSep 2, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine study finds that inhibition of the spliceosome using a new drug kills tumor cells but leaves noncancerous tissues unaffected in mouse models.
- Baylor’s Dan L Duncan Cancer Center receives highest National Cancer Institute designation – Comprehensive statusJul 30, 2015
- The National Cancer Institute has awarded the Dan L Duncan Cancer Center at Baylor College of Medicine the prestigious designation of a Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- Breast Center to host Metastatic Breast Cancer ConferenceJul 23, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine's Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center to jointly sponsor a medical education conference on metastatic breast cancer Sept. 18-19.
- Too much – not mutated – N-Ras promotes aggressive breast cancerJul 10, 2015
- Traditionally, the gene N-Ras has been defined as a cancer causer only when it is mutated, but researchers say that is not the case when N-Ras is found in a particularly aggressive form of the disease called basal-like breast cancer.
- Dr. Matthew Ellis receives Stand Up To Cancer’s Laura Ziskin Prize for breast cancer researchJun 30, 2015
- Dr. Matthew Ellis, director of the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, received the Stand Up To Cancer Laura Ziskin Prize for breast cancer research.
- Dr. Mothaffar Rimawi recognized for outstanding contributions to breast cancerJun 23, 2015
- Dr. Mothaffar Rimawi, director of the Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, received the C. Kent Osborne Award for Medical Excellence for his contributions to breast cancer research.
- Baylor receives Avon Foundation grants for research, community care Apr 27, 2015
- Baylor College of Medicine has received two new grants totaling $325,000 from the Avon Foundation for Women that will help its physicians and researchers continue to improve access to life-saving breast cancer prevention and treatment resources.