- Award-winning play raises awareness for Alzheimer’s disease in African-American communityJul 9, 2015
- African-Americans are two times more likely to develop the debilitating neurological disorder and are less likely to have an early diagnosis, resulting in less treatment time.
- Dysfunctional precursor protein impairs making of new neurons in brainOct 8, 2014
- Without functioning amyloid precursor protein, neurons do not form proper morphology and cannot integrate into the existing networks.
- Lessons learned in Alzheimer's drug trial move research forwardJan 22, 2014
- Results of Baylor study could help move the field of Alzheimer's drug research forward with more targeted studies.
- Alzheimer’s disease research registry in the worksJul 19, 2013
- The Alzheimer’s Disease and Memory Disorder Center at Baylor College of Medicine has begun developing a registry of people in the Houston area who might be interested in participating in future Alzheimer’s disease prevention research.