I Am BCM
Thank you to the 624 employees who gave more than $160,000 to the 2015 I am BCM Employee Giving Effort!
Every dollar of your gift is being matched by the Baylor College of Medicine Board of Trustees.
Your gift will provide support to groundbreaking research, patient care, and educational initiatives in the 2015-2016 academic year.
Fast Facts About the I Am BCM Employee Giving Effort
- 624 employees - approximately 8.44 percent - participated
- 329 gave through payroll deductions (119 have set up payroll deduction with no end date, meaning their gift will go on giving!)
- $256 - the average gift from a Baylor employee
- 149+ employees picked up a cell phone wallet at the Employee Appreciation Tables
- 32 employees showed their pride by taking a photo with our I Am BCM sign
- 5 incredible co-chairs helped us reach our goal: Mary Brandt, M.D., Brendan Lee, M.D., Ph.D., Butch Roberson, Peggy B. Smith, Ph.D., and John E. Wolf Jr., M.D. , M.A. Thanks!
Giving to the BCM Fund is the primary way many faculty and staff personally support Baylor’s mission. Through employee gifts to the BCM Fund:
Innovative biomedical research that is unable to secure funding from traditional sources receives pilot funding.
Initiatives to keep Baylor at the forefront of medical and scientific education are supported.
Baylor faculty and student volunteers provide medical care to Houston’s homeless and underserved populations.
The real world application of medical training is improving patient care.