There will be a call for applications for the Class of 2013-2015 beginning in the spring of 2013. Final application guidelines will be posted at that time. Applications will be accepted through May 2013. Members of the Committee for Educator Development will strive to interview applicants within 4 weeks of receiving an application and will notify applicants of their selection decision in mid-June. We encourage interested faculty to submit their applications as soon after the call is posted as possible.
- Obtain a copy of the application form. You may do so by:
- Submit the completed application form with the following:
- Current curriculum vitae
- A personal statement (1-2 pages) describing:
- Experiences as a teacher, course director, or educational leader
- Interest in the Fellowship
- Goals to be achieved through participation in the Fellowship
- Perceived opportunities to benefit department or Institution after Fellowship requirements have been completed.
- Request letters of recommendation from divisional and/or department chiefs (required) and from colleagues (optional). These letters should lend support to the application by addressing selection criteria:
- Quality of prior educational involvement
- Ability to have a future impact on educational mission
- Support of department leadership for a 10 percent time commitment
- Please ask individuals to submit their letters within two weeks of the date you submit your application. Ask them to submit the letters directly to the Office of Professional Development.
- Request a letter from your Chair releasing you to participate in the Fellowship 10 percent of your time.
- Complete an interview with members of the Committee for Educator Development, when requested.
Baylor applications should be sent to the attention of Dr. Geeta Singhal, Office of Professional Development, Room 208.04,Debakey Building, Baylor College of Medicine.
If you have additional questions, please contact Dr. Geeta Singhal (713-798-7285; firstname.lastname@example.org).