Peer Coaching for Educators
Overview of Peer Coaching for Educators Program
The Office of Professional Development offers a program in Peer Coaching and Review where your teaching activities can be evaluated. Faculty are available to observe an educator teaching in a variety of settings.
Educator review is particularly valuable as a mechanism for the continuing improvement of faculty educational skills. Documentation from this process can be used by faculty applying for teaching awards and/or promotion and tenure. The heart of this process is a colleague-based interchange, initiated by an educator.The process consists of observation and confidential feedback and report.
Reference materials are provided on this site for faculty who desire to become more familiar with the educator peer coaching literature as well as web links to sites on educator peer mentoring and review topics at other schools and organizations.
Steps of the process:
1. Email email@example.com l with a request for an observation. In this email, please send the date/time/location of your teaching event. Please note that we need at least two months notice to plan the observation.
2. Set up a time to talk with the coach (in person or on the phone) about what teaching skills you want your coach to observe.
3. The coach will write letter outlining his or her observations about your teaching when completed. Please plan for a one month turnaround time.
4. You can then set up a time to discuss the feedback with your coach (email, phone or in person).
5. You will receive a formal letter that you can file in your educational portfolio. This process can take 2 - 3 months to complete.