Our program includes faculty from basic and clinical science departments from Baylor College of Medicine, Rice University, University of Houston, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, University of Texas Health Science Center, University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, and University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston.
The research activities of the faculty include development of structural and computational techniques, protein design and engineering, biophysical chemistry of macromolecules, membrane biophysics, neuroscience, and genome informatics. QCB students have the unique opportunity to do their thesis research at any of the seven participating institutions while earning the Ph.D. from Baylor College of Medicine.
See a listing of our faculty at Baylor College of Medicine.
See our interinstitutional faculty list.
Major Research Areas
See a listing of faculty by major research areas
• Cancer Informatics
• Computational Biology
• Computational Biophysics
• Computational Neuroscience
• Data Science
• Deep Learning
• Drug Discovery and Chemical Biology
• Genome and Epigenome Informatics
• Imaging and Image Analysis
• Macromolecule Design and Engineering
• Membrane Biophysics and Biochemistry of Macromolecules
• Metabolomics and Proteomics
• Microbiome Informatics
• Structural Biology
• Systems Biology and Precision Medicine
• Text Mining and Medical Informatics