Global Health Scholarship Opportunities and Funding
- The Cain Foundation Scholarship for Third Year Medical Students at Baylor
- The Center for Globalization The Center for Globalization offers Grants for all BCM Medical, Allied Health, GSBS & NSTM Students. Students will work at one of the BCM faculty sponsored institutions in order to ensure the students receives appropriate guidance and mentorship throughout their experience. Funding supports airfare, immunizations and housing expenses.It is recommended for students to submit applications 3-6 months in advance of their travel to allow time for application review and required paperwork to be submitted.
- Hitoshi Nikaidoh Memorial Award for Medical Mission Work
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation $5,000 Scholarships for 2014 Harvard Macy Institute Available. The Arnold P. Gold Foundation is sponsoring partial scholarships for $5,000 for up to eight Gold Humanism Scholars at the Harvard Macy Institute 2014 Program for Educators (tuition is $5,800, travel/lodging is additional). We seek to support health profession educators working to develop and enhance educational projects focused on achieving humanistic patient care that can be replicated accross a variety of healthcare delivery settings. The Gold Foundation's mission is to restore a more effective balance between the cutting edge science of medicine and the delivery of compassionate, patient-centered care. The Gold Foundation defines the attributes of a humanistic caregiver as one who demonstrates respect for a patient's concerns and provides compassionate care for a patient's physical and emotional wel being.
- Institute of International Education
515 Post Oak Boulevard
Houston, Tx 77027-9407
Eligibility: 4th year medical students interested in an Internal Medicine elective
- International Education Financial Aid: Search for scholarships to U.S. students studying abroad.
- International Education Finance Corporation: IEFC provides student loans to U.S. students studying abroad.
- Benjamin H. Kean Traveling Fellowship in Tropical Medicine: Fellowship for North American full-time medical students, residents and fellows in any medical specialty who express an interest in tropical medicine or international health may apply. Applicants must arrange their own elective with the approval of a supervising faculty mentor at their institution. An overseas mentor must be identified, and a research plan or plan of clinical study presented. Application Deadline: March
Contact Information: B.H. Kean Fellowship, Christopher Plowe, M.D.
C/o Christina Kemp
University of Maryland School of Medicine
685 West Baltimore Street, HSF 480
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- The Foreign Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention (for Baptists): Contact Ms. Brenda Moncrief, Program Coordinator 804-353-0151
- The American Bureau for Medical Advancement in China (Taiwan)
Annie Kang c/o New York Academy of Medicine
1216 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10029
- The Paul Alexander Memorial Fund of Management Sciences for Health
c/o Jean Alexander
1666 Coffman #220
St. Paul, MN 55108
Funds an international public health project
- Global Health Ministries (Lutherans)
- The Charles S. Houston Award of the Wilderness Medical Society
P.O. Box 2463
Indianapolis, IN 46206
Wilderness and environmental medicine electives
Any additions? Please email email@example.com